IGNORED

I Need Info On L24 Engine Block

Hey, i have an L24 engine block. I know nothing about this stuff really. I want to get rid of it. I wanted to put it up on Ebay, but i have no idea how much this thing weighs. Anyway if anyone can give me any info on it, or maybe knows someone who wants to buy one or trade stuff for it, i would love to know. I deal in comics toys and cards...so this engine is of no use to me. I am in CA. So anyways please someone tell me how much it weighs and maybe how much it would cost to ship so i can get it up on ebay. Thanks,

Shawn,

Owner,

THE UNDERGROUND

In my experience, a bare L24 block is almost valueless. (I should know, I have one too.) Don't bother. The only exception is if it from a '73 and you still have the connecting rods, those are worth more than the block by a long shot.

...The only exception is if it from a '73 and you still have the connecting rods, those are worth more than the block by a long shot.

Hey Arne, Thanks for the encouragement on the other thread. I decided to buy two Zcars for my son and I! Now I have to come up with money to fix stuff. Thus this post: One of the cars is a 73 with the original L24, but I won't be using that engine. Should I pull the connecting rods and sell them? If so, is ebay the spot? Any idea on price?

The '73 rods use stronger 9 mm rod bolts, and as such are the desired rods for L-series stroker engines. Any 240Z rod will work for the strokers, but obviously if you're building a big-horse motor you want the strongest rods.

Complete sets go on eBay for $150 and up, generally around $200. If your '73 motor is trash, and assuming you don't want them for a stroker motor yourself, that's probably the place to sell them. Just verify that they truly are the 9 mm bolts first, not the 8 mm bolts.