Sign in to follow this  
carguyinok

240Z in movies

Ridgemont high:

It was a 280zx. and they were listening to led zepplin.

theres a 300zx blind date? with bruce willis.

Theres a 240/260/280z in inner space, when martin short is out the back of the, wherever, and is about to hop in the shelby mustang convertalble. you see one in the background around this scene.

and I swear they blew up a fairlady roadser in an episode of sliders.

Kind of off the subject, but Jones Soda Company bottle labels use customer pictures and they had a short run of a lemonade that had the rear pillar vent of a 72-73 240

ok

Fast times at ridemont high: Metallic Brown 280zx with tan interior listening to led zeppelin "Kashmir"

Vanilla Sky: Black ferrari gto converted 240z

wanagan midnight: beautiful blue z

Blind Date: White 300zx turbo, bruce drives it

Allright, Try this one........

1991 John Candy Movie: Delirious

In this movie John Candy's character wins a Ferrari in an auction, but it really a 240z ferrari GTO conversion! They even show it being driven! Anybody else remember that?

Originally posted by 240Zdragon72

I stand corrected about the 300/280 mistake.

An easy error to make as it was't on the screen for very long, and as you stated it was a night scene.

:classic:

Ok there is a 240z in a James Bond movie at the start on the beach cant remember the name though..

There is talk off a ZX-R or ZX Turbo in the bar in the Movie Rocky 3

There is a arse end off a 300zx Z31 or 280zx 2+2 in the movie Ghosts a ghost comes out the exhaust :)

Was just watching my Tivo'd '9 1/2 Weeks'. In the opening scene, a 280zx is seen driving behind Kim Basinger.

OK, not in a film as such but I did see some TV footage a few years back showing someone stealing a tank from the US army and driving it around squashing cars and things. There was a shot of a z (can't tell which) which had been squashed from front to rear.:cry: It looked about 2 feet high !!!!

Andrew

There's a Black or Dark Blue 280ZX in 'Dude, Where's my Car?" parked on the curbside as they walk across the street.

There's also a Gold/Bronze 240 or 260Z in 'Lethal Weapon' driving past in the background view out of the cop car window, (near the start of the film) first you see a MkII Supra then that goes out of view and the Z pops up.

Saw a tv ad tonight for Bundaberg Ginger Beer, anyway there's a Black 240z in it, but the people in the ad were in a triumph herald. Cartoony, kinda south park style animation.

There's a nice clean 300ZX Z32 in the new Kill Bill vol I movie!

was hoping it'd have a drag with the bike.. but no.. hehe

Anyone mention the 300zx Z31 in rocky 3 or 4 the one where he fights the Russian that kills his friend in the ring.

I think it's rocky's wife's car :).

Another one in Oz, Blown red 280zx with "BADWOG" plates. Can be found in "Pizza, The Movie".

There's a 240z/260z side on, parked in Austin Powers Goldmember. Real nice clean one. A little off the subject but has anyone seen (maybe only in Australia) a pic of a modified crashed 240z rally car on a pair of "ECKO" jeans? I thought it was funny coz i told the "cool" people at school that there was a DATSUN on the same brand jeans they wore and didnt belive me. (they think all datsuns are old granny drivin bombs, how ignorant!) ROFL

This is the pic of the crashed 240z. Its just got "ECKO" logos where the numbers are.

post-3887-14150793169448_thumb.jpg

me too! do they still sell them?? but why have a crashed one! hehe..

I also thought there was a Z in one of the other austin powers movies during one of the dance scenes, hehe.. think it might've been the first austin powers.. but yeah.. I think it's actually an E-type..

I thought same thing Will I think it's also an E-Type I have all 3 on DVD so if someone can point out exactly where I'll have a look :).

I like the Jeans with the crashed Datto I want a set :).

Funny how so many Australian's have a stigma against the old Datto's????

Funnier still is the fuss they kicked up at Bathurst when the Skyline GTR's won.

Too many Meat heads who like v8's. :finger:

haha, even better was the next year when they heavily disadvantaged the GTR but it still killed em.. haha..

so are these jeans still out there? or was this from awhile back?? i want some bad! crashed or not! hehe

and yeah.. i've had many people give me a weird face when i explain that i drive 'an old datto'

mind u once they see it they change their tune ;)

well i saw the jeans in about July this year. I might try to find them again and buy them this time!!! They were on the discount table in a small West Aussie clothing shop called "Go West" so who knows?

The 240z/e-type in Austin Powers 3 is on the street at night neer when that godzilla thing takes off... i think. something like that, you only see a glise of it though.

I watched the scene a couple of times couldn't really see it I know there was an extended version of it in the deleted scenes but couldn't find that either oh well.

Originally posted by Rusty1

Another one in Oz, Blown red 280zx with "BADWOG" plates. Can be found in "Pizza, The Movie".

Thats fully sick m8 :D

but id you look closely all the shots are taken outside of the car are the 280zx all shots taken inside are of a KINGSWOOD grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr tight arse's

On the DVD you get to see that car do two burnouts :)

I think the inside shots are a fairlane or something like that because there wasn't enough room for them to do what they needed with it as it was only a 2 seater ZX.

I think one of the guys also owned a 2+2 that was used in the series.

In the new Terminater 3 Movie. When John Conner is outside of the pet hospital just before he brakes in. It looks like a black or dark blue 240 or a 280. Not sure but check it out for yourselfes.