IGNORED

Anyone know about this?

zbane

Don't get lost in semantics. The gist of what Thor is saying is the Datsun is a good value, and that some of the current european racing club members/owners who were beaten badly by the Z in the day can now afford to feel superior because they can control what races at their club, and allow only cars that would have no contest with even a modified mass produced sports car. He has to stroke them, their egos are still damaged from the thorough trouncing they took worldwide when the 240Z came out and they were driving the entry level Porches, Jags and the like that were just beaten by a bottom feeding japanese car!

It is just silly to compare a four year old mass market sports car to a then brand new factory prepped FIAA Group 5 compliant purpose built car.

It is like comparing Thor and his article with who ever wins the nobel prize for literature this year, and the piece of work that they submitted.

WIll

Yeah, the writing did seem tainted and irritating, anti Japanese sentiments are ever present, at least when German cars are mentioned. I think this is something "we" all understand, perhaps a little too well.

What got me was the table grid at the bottom, the way it's presented seems to show that THIS website was the source for all the spiteful information.

Engine # Location Boss on side of block

Club Info Classic Zcar Club

Web Site http://www.classiczcars.com

Alternatives 1963-73 MGB; 1969-76 Triumph TR 6; 1968-72 BMW 2002

Investment Grade D

I don't think that was the author's point. That page is supposed to be a guide to people considering the purchase of that car. He was listing this site as "The" club website for 240Zs. Actually that's probably a compliment, not a slam.

In doing some research, I find I am wrong, Thor is about the $, he has a club he founded suposably host a race to benefit a hospital-he holds a race to play with his buddies and get PR. In 16 years the race has raised $1,000,000 for the hospital-which sounds good until you look a the value of the cars involved, and the upkeep and repairs they risk or require by racing. The focus of hosting this race is not raising money for a hospital-that is purely an afterthought. In a three page entry form four lines mention the hospital-with a suggested donation of $10 a person with a $325 to $460 plus $10 for each crew member over three entry fee. Obviously raising money for it is not the primary issue in holding the event.

The race should not be billed as: Held to raise money for the hospital!

It should be billed as: A race held to have fun and show off your cars , and if you want to donate the hospital we wont stop you.

Will