IGNORED

Replacement Bushing Kits - MSA or Classic Datsun?

Duffman

Much better deal but we also have to support our Z parts houses. Summit does not have some of the little things we need remanufactured like others do. Not meaning to scold but we have to keep the others guys in business too.

And no I don't work or own a Z shop.

I tend to agree. Some people will save a few bucks at Summit on a widely available part, then pick the brain of the Z specialty suppliers like Classic or MSA when they can't get it to work. If enough people do this pretty soon those Z experts stop waisting their time giving free advice, and the community suffers. When I see vendors who are contributing to the community by answering questions, supporting events, etc., I tend to buy from them even if they might be a little more expensive some times.

I tend to agree. Some people will save a few bucks at Summit on a widely available part, then pick the brain of the Z specialty suppliers like Classic or MSA when they can't get it to work. If enough people do this pretty soon those Z experts stop waisting their time giving free advice, and the community suffers. When I see vendors who are contributing to the community by answering questions, supporting events, etc., I tend to buy from them even if they might be a little more expensive some times.

By your logic, batteries, starters, alternators and body sheet metal, hoses, spark plugs, plug wires, should only be bought from them too-I don't mind paying for expertise, but how much expertise does it take to install the commonly available parts-there is a reason they are commonly available, and generally it is either they do not require special skills or tools to install, or they are way overpriced. check the prices on parts that are not NLA from the Dealer and the other vendors, more often than not they dealer is cheeper for the same part.(especially when you add in shipping.

This forum is a complete and inexhaustable source of free advice. If a vendor goes out because of not being competitive, that is the vendors fault. Either they made a bad decision to have market share be disproportionally valuable relative to profittability, or they misread the market. How much advice does MSA or VB/BD give on most widely available parts once they are sold. I will agree that a vendor should be used if you are calling for information before you buy, and that you should not expect advice on something you didn't buy from them, but I don't believe the price of my part should include paying for the question Bill Ramsey might ask on an airdam he got off a parts car that held a reciept from MSA for. That is not a good argument for having higher prices. I want to get what I pay for, not give it to someone else! I also would rather Charley Osborne get more profitt from selling me a set of his sheet metal than any of the resellers.

Will