Storing a removed windshield? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Storing a removed windshield?

Featured Replies

I'm a bit leery of doing this myself, but how do you guys store the windshield once it's off? I'm assuming that laying it down flat is a bad idea, considering it's curvature. WIll I need to build a stand of some sort? Is padding neccessary?

I was told to store it on edge like you are thinking, luckly I have an upstairs in my shop and have it up there leaning against a box on the floor...

I built a box I could ship a couple in. I lined the potential contact points with 2" of foam board, half filled it with packing peanuts, put the windshield, wrapped in plastic, in it, put a towel over the glass, backfilled the box and put a top on it. I also store the new gaskets installes on the glass so that they will not shrink out of fit. It sounds like a bunch to do, but the box will completely protect three safely, and works out for other large part storage when not in use.

Will

I'm looking for a windshield if anyone wants to sell me a Nissan windshield in real good condition.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.