Looking for Rear brake cylinder retaining clips - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Looking for Rear brake cylinder retaining clips

Featured Replies

I'm looking for a set of rear brake cylinder retaining clips for a '71 240Z. They should be the same from '70 thru '76. These are the "C" shaped, spring clips that are similar to those that hold the brake hoses in place. But they have little dimples to lock them together.

There are no dealers in Texas that have these. Victoria British (or Black Dragon Auto) no longer carries them either. I can't find my MSA catalog to check them.

I snapped mine after repairing a leaking cylinder and I want to avoid another old set from the junk yard. Does anybody have a set they can spare for a few bucks or know where I can get them?

MSA lists a hardware kit for the rear (PN 24-5380) for 19.99 it has both springs, retainers, and pins, for both sides.

Or you can PM me your address and I will send you a used set of retainers as a thankyou for a great rotisserie!

Will

  • Author

Thanks, Will.

I appreciate the offer and until I can find a new set, these might have to work.

So how did the rotisserie work out for you? Are you finished with the project yet?

(PM sent)

It still has a hold of the car, I am hoping to finish the last of the body work on the next two weeks and get some paint on her shortly after that-life shure pushes car projects around!

Will

I have a spare new set, send me your address PM and I'll send them to you.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

MSA's kit includes the pin and round washers retainer for the brake shoes. doesn't include the wheel cylinder retainers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.