IGNORED

Attacked by rust

240kconvertible

He's in England,

Funny you should mention the RS4 as he nearly bought one instead of the M3. The reason he went for the M3 was that he really wanted the RS6 Advant but couldn't afford it. The M3 was stolen and then recovered later that same day, I now have to buy it from the insurance company in my Bros name and then wait till March to get it here. If it wasn't stolen I would have just bought it in March instead, 1 plus is I save about 10k aus on the purchase price now.

He's looking into getting an AMG SL55, TVR Chimera, Porsche GT3 or some form of 911 to replace the tainted M3, whichever he buys you can be sure I'll bring it out here one day in a couple of years. He's quite high up in DHL and has to have some serious weaponary for the corporate carpark.

Who wouldn't want a twin turbo V8 wagon from the factory anyway

post-9623-14150798670458_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150798670818_thumb.jpg

hmm.. they look strangely like WMD's from iraq.. and you say he is in the import/export market.. interesting... :D

if he can prove he owned it previously, would customs necessarily know that the car had a little hiatus under a different legal owner?

i certainly have a new found respect for 911's after being in a turbo around the nurburgring, it left my boosted R33 GT-R for dead!, how about an M6 or even a DB7/9 (now that is a car i would really really love to own)

if he can prove he owned it previously, would customs necessarily know that the car had a little hiatus under a different legal owner?

i certainly have a new found respect for 911's after being in a turbo around the nurburgring, it left my boosted R33 GT-R for dead!, how about an M6 or even a DB7/9 (now that is a car i would really really love to own)

I too thought about pulling the wool over customs eyes but for the sake of a 5 months it isn't worth it, if anything were to go wrong I'd hate to think where it may end. I can still collect parts along the way for the vert so my "Datsun 240k GL" fetish will still be appeased, in fact my current quest is searching for the coupe door window chrome trims I can't find anyone who will sell them.

He's leaning towards the 911 then the SL at the moment but changes his mind daily, can't have the M6 as just had the bmw. He lives in little Aston and Aston Martin's are dime a dozen as well as Bentley's. I call it little Astonmartinville. My favourite Aston is the new Vanquish. pic attached

post-9623-14150798670944_thumb.jpg

thay are such an amazing looking car!! now i just have to wait for their value to drop here.. or start saving and go live in the UK for a year (not such a bad idea really) :) i would be interested in how it goes bringing the M3 across, make sure you keep me informed :)

Check this link if your interested in importing cars

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transport/safety/road/bulletin/importing.aspx#5.06

go down to this section and read on

5. Personal Imports - Part 8 on Application Form

it's an easy way to avoid a few taxes bringing a car into the country. You can sell them after having them in the country for a day. I'll be landing it for about 35k max, I have to get a lot of the interior replaced as the thieves ruined it looking for the tracker. They thought the sat nav was it.

I'll be doing the big sand blast and primer of the shell shortly, found even more rust at the bottom of the chassis rails where they turn into small boxes under the front seats. I'm fairly certain that this is the last spot I will have to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you don't want to know how much it cost to paint them, are you taking your shell back to metal?

I did a short list for you but ended up posting it on another thread, i'm sure you'll read it.

www.pistonheads.tv/clip1077

check this link you'll be able to see "my" M3 briefly in it. I liked the Lambo spitting flames in the tunnel shame about the smoke it's blowing though. My bro went on a cannonball run to a French Chateu.The M3, mx5 (why this was there I don't know) and the Evo we're the only ones to get through a roadblock that was set up for them. Everyone else had to pay 600 euro on the spot or have their car impounded.

Robin said when it came to cornering at 110mph his M3 was somewhat lacking compared to the others. Oh and also the Evo was the quickest there on the day. It was a FQ400 souped up.