IGNORED

what would you like to see in a new S30 bodykit?

olderthanme

Some of you may have sen the thread on hybridZ about this but I am interested in what others would like to see.

I have made a LOT of sketches and here they are:

m48241963.jpg

m49167017.jpg

m49177101.jpg

I call this one "maverick"

m49558880.jpg

I call this one "La Belle"

m49558765.jpg

this one is just for fun

m49669320.jpg

this one is a bit E-type-ish

m50171275.jpg

m50171352.jpg

I would like to hear what you think and would like to see. Maybe some people could show some of their own sketches of what they would like to see in a new kit.

OTM

Hey nice sketches. I wish I could draw but it has never been my thing. I liked LaBelle the best as it still has the "classic" Z look, although I like the one with box flares as well. I have loved that look since I first saw a Ford Capri done up with box flares roughly 25yrs ago.

This is the great thing about drawing. I can add some things and subtract other things. Personally I like the front end on maverick and the flares and rear end of the first one. I also would like to do an e-type one day but doing it on a Z would be way cheaper.

While I was sketching La Belle it seemed to look more classic looking. I think Maverick was too agressive even for a bunch of the HybridZ guys.

I think the spoiler in the second sketch looks very classic and would do good on the La Belle.

KDMatt: I would need to get your Z and make longer rear control arms and would have new axles made. Then it would be converted to dual control arms and real coilovers instead of struts. The L35DETTT would also cost some serious $$$$$ to build.

I'll do a more "subdued" sketch today and put it up later today.

A 2000GT conversion kit would be ace.

Hadn't thunka that! Great idea for a cosmetic rust bucket that is sound.

There were some great pics with a 240Z side by side with a 200gt on the roadster forum the other day-excellent to see them together.

WIll

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OTM, you're cheatin' on me over here! You want me to post some of the pics I had going over at Hybridz, or is this fresh ideas only?

*edit* since I happen to know that you are out of commision, and will be unable to reply for a bit, I've made a command decision to go ahead and put them up anyway:

Here is my group B themed car:

haircut005.jpg

This is a tarmac rally car (don't ask about the rainbow paint scheme, it was in reply to a comment about the paint job on the group b car...):

ztattoo001.jpg

This is a g-nose with flipped headlight buckets. Nobody at Hybridz liked this one, but I'm convinced this would look awesome in the flesh...:

gnoseflip002.jpg

Disregard the horrible coloring job on this one...it's got a G35-ish fascia on it with a top mount intercooler.

bodykit.jpg