IGNORED

Looking for Appliance Wheel center caps

rtaylor

Here are a couple of places I found that might have stems.

Item VW8 - http://xtreempolish.com/Bolt-OnValveStems.html

Item WV-8 - 45 Might be same as above. http://www.instanttoolsusa.com/bolt-in.html

Item 2945 Again might be the same http://www.prestigewheel.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=2945

Yeah, all three of those are the same stem. I tried one of those, they would work in a pinch, but protrude to far out into the open air for me to be happy with them. I'd rather fight with the very short rubber stems.

• 3 months later...

I followed this old thread and ordered the Eagle center caps but find they don't want to fit very easily on the wheels. Can you tell me if they need to be "coaxed" into place or should it be a relatively easy press and fit? I find mine seem to be a shade too large and rather than try and force them...or break them, I thought I would ask first.

thanks

Chris

Probably an obvious question, but is there any chance you got the wrong ones?

The eagle caps I received are a nice snung fit, but I wouldn't say they need to be coaxed. The diameter for the Appliance wire Mag Wheels and Eagle caps is 3.126" or just one thousandths more than 3 - 1/8"...so you could measure the center bore of your wheels and diameter of the caps and see if either is off, and by how much.

The eagle should have backwards bending tabs that you can bend outward to make them fit snugger...my concern at first was that they fit snug enough. They're not a loose fit but by no means would I call them super tight. I know there's a variety of Appliance wheels and caps that were available as well a decent variety of Eagle caps out there...maybe you've got a mismatch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Steve,

Just wondering if the 3-1/8" diameter Eagle center caps you purchased from Summit work out for you? The hole diameter in my appliance slotted mags is closer to 3". I am also looking for center caps.

For the Eagle center caps, the 3-1/8" dimension: does it refer to the hole opening, or the 'shoulder' of the caps?

thanks for your time.

James