Does 280Z have a lower Front Grille? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Does 280Z have a lower Front Grille?

Featured Replies

I recently saw a 280Z at a show with a lower front grille (under the bumper.) I looked in the microfiche, and I don't see any there. Is there some explanation, like only certain ones got a lower grille?

thx

Yep, it only has two horizontal bars if I remember correctly, but it's there.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

How come I've never seen a 280Z with a lower grille- or a 240Z or a 260Z either. Are they rare, or get tossed in the recycle box?

thx

Tomohawk,

I have a 75 280Z and just refurb the grills. Check out my gallery or post in "Body and paint forum" to see the lower grill.

Cat:beard:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It's shown on the parts CD on page 125 A-1, Item #2 "Assy- Grille Lower Radiator" on cars from 9/74.

Todd

my 280z has the two bar lower grille.

Tomohawk, post #2 answered your question. No one could really answer as to why you've never seen a 280Z with one since that would be based on the ones that you've seen. Mine has one and thanks to dzrt1st, we've etablished that they were on 9/74 and up S30s. And thanks to catfish_wiskers and a little photo cropping, here's what it looks like. It doesn't do much and my air dam actually hides it. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have one. You can't really see it anyway.

post-3797-14150798412051_thumb.jpg

  • Author

You could probably make up one from some bar or rod stock. Or maybe you could bodge one from another car to fit.

You could probably make up one from some bar or rod stock. Or maybe you could bodge one from another car to fit.

Well, yeah, I could but I already have one. LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.