IGNORED

1980 280ZX wheel color on Silver 1977 280Z.. suggestions?

BuDavid

hi,I purchased a set of 198280ZX wheels for my silver 1977 280Z.. the thing is that I found 3 colors of them and I picked the golden ones (because they were in the best condition)

I'm a bit confused about the color options that would look good on my car insted of my 1983 280ZX wheels..

in the attachment I stated the patterns of the wheels as A,B anc C

my first thaught was like that

A:Silver (same as the car color)

B:chrome

C:same as the original aluminum color

some also told me to make

A:Black

B:Chrome

C:same as original

any other suggestions or supports to my choise? I would appressiate an advice from you guys..

thanks..

post-8997-14150797907955_thumb.jpg

thanks for the fast reply man, I was hoping that I can get an answer today:)

the six ponts well be sleeping under my bed;) I like them but they look so common, and this is the reason why I want those older type because in my point of view they look better on an S30's (my opinion)

I also considered black in area A but I wasn't sure, becaus sliver "might" look very "teenage"!!

and about area C, yes I meant using chrome as "polished as you stated..

thank you bro.

I like the one's I have and they are actually 'correct' for a 280z. Less common than a 6 spoke or 'Iron Cross' as you have pictured. The one in my avitar has an incorrect center cap but the one's on my car have the correct caps.

Sblake, I agree with you, but those wheels are almost unavailable here, I would like to have some special set like yours.. but thank you anyway for the tip..

zbane,

didn't you mix up (B) with ©? sounds really none-sense:) sorry..:)

Here in Europe the ZX came initially with the Iron Cross, the "cross" was alu or sometimes black inside. the later ZX (1982) had the alu six spoke and than we got the Turbo rims. The rim that sBlake01 has in his avatar was sold here with the 240Z - 260Z, not with the ZX. For your silver car I personally would prefer the Iron Cross with a gun-metal (dark silver) inside the cross. The difference between the car's color and the rims is not that "hard" as with a black cross but it has a fine contrast to the silver of the car and the rim's alu ring. The same I would do with the 6 spoke.

Rolf

BuDavid,

in my gallery is a pic called Silvretta classic. There you can see the iron cross in black on my black ZX. Perhaps this gives you a better imagination. To silver I would prefer -as mentioned - gun metal, but it's all up to you, I don't want to act as a teacher.

Rolf

zbane,

didn't you mix up (B) with ©? sounds really none-sense:) sorry..:)

BuDavid, you caught me, I switched the two around. That's the problem with posting at work, the latter distracts occasionally.

Of all the later more modern alloys, I personally like the six points best. Polished up with a bit of color in the spoke recess (either contrasting or to match the body), they're definitely one of the nicer-looking 14" options, IMO. It's not the look I have in mind for my car, but I still like it.