IGNORED

fair weather cruising

zhead240

i won't drive in the rain but i've almost got caught twice. fortunatly i was close to her climate controlled storage and only got spit on. the pavement was not wet. i know it will eventually happen and hope the trama isn't to bad. getting wet doesn't bother me, it's the spray on the undercarrige that does. if it happens only thing to do is wait for the road to dry and then take her for a fast spin to air dry her out. i was just wondering what other fellow members do when caught in the rain. an i obsessive compulsive or what? putting her away wet not a problem?

Snip... i was just wondering what other fellow members do when caught in the rain... Snip

I usually start with a nice little temper tantrum. I got caught coming back from a car show, couldn't help it and no place to hide. I usually end up cleaning the car afterwords for hours. But like you if there is a chance for rain she isn't coming out to play.

Well, here in the Pacific North West part of the USA, if we didn't EVER drive in the rain....well, that's like a very very l o n g time.

If you've taken care of the underside, gotten rid of the rus that may be there and put some form of proteccion, then you should be ok.

The problem arises when you leave road salt, debris and other corrosive stuff to sit for weeks on end.

If you're really OCD, then get a piece of PVC plastic, bend it at an angle, and spray the undercarriage to get rid of the gunk after you ride in the rain.

Just my 2¢

E

Guys, You are not alone in the fear of getting caught in the rain! If it even looks like a chance of rain......no drivey the Z!!!! Only once did I get caught in a light sprinkle coming back from lunch in Santa Barbara with a number of other Z folks. Fortunetly, it cleared long enough to make home base and get her in the garage before it actually rained! I just can't imagine all the crap that would get all over the nicely done undercarrige and have to clean it up.

Same down this way - if your bothered by water you're in trouble, it's the salt that really eats them. As for me I recently painted most of the running gear underneath, but the real killer is the windshield seal is a bad fit - showing gaps on both top corners.

Last weekend I was out for a visit when a hint of rain began - I put electric tape around the top edges to keep her dry - worked OK. Not much good for a show, but did the trick.

I am with you E. if you can not drive them why own them. Here in the north west we just under coat everything and drive them. Wash them and keep them up. I think I can count the times I did not get caught in the rain quicker then the times I did.

Mine's my daily driver, I can't get too irritated by the rain. We get about 65 inches a year here, so it's just something I have to live with. I would think with the por 15 coating the undercarriage, you wouldn't be so worried about it, but we all obsess about different things-as example-I won't allow anyone to eat in ANY of my cars-ever. This REALLY irritates my wife.

So obsessing about something as important as the chassis, that's ok, don't obsess about obsessing about your obsession.