IGNORED

2006 Japanese Car Show (QLD, Australia)

Alfadog

For once, we have a good event coming up in Queensland!

WHEN: Sunday the 1st October 2006

WHERE: Bald Hills Flats Pine River Park, Strathpine, Brisbane, Queensland.

WHY:

Dear Japanese Motoring enthusiast,

The Inaugural Classic Japanese Show and Shine is now open for entries,

For more than 50 years the Japanese automobile industry have designed and built motor vehicles that have graced our roads and had a huge effect on the Australian economy and our every day lifestyle.

The Japanese motor vehicles have also had a huge impact on the automobile industries of the world. The car of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and even right up to the present day have been in the forefront of design, innovation and technology.

Brisbane has never had a car display dedicated solely to these Classic Japanese Cars and on the 1st of October 2006 at the Bald Hills Flats at the Pine River Park at Strathpine we will see the Inaugural Classic Japanese Show and Shine presented by the Z Car Club of Queensland Inc.

Whilst entry is open to all Japanese motor vehicles, the attention is naturally being focused on, Classic Japanese cars and Japanese cars not seen on our roads in a everyday situation. Numbers will be restricted so please send in your entry form in as soon as possible.

The Z Car Club of Queensland Inc.’s nominated Charity is Angel Flight Australia which co-ordinate financially needy patients and there carers to fly free of charge to medical facilities anywhere in Australia. This charity will be the major beneficiary of the Show and Shine.

A large area at the Bald Hills Flats will be used for the car display entry to the Pine River Park is at the intersection of Gympie Road and Kremzow Road UBD Map 109 Ref B2

This is a static display and all vehicles must be parked in the grounds by no later than 9.00am. And vehicles will be expected to stay until 2.00pm. Entrants will be available to enter the grounds from 7.30am.

Entries will close last mail on the 15th of September 2006 and successful entries will be notified by mail prior to the event, It will not be possible to enter on the day so all entries must be sent in by the above date. Unsuccessful entries will have their cheques returned to them.

Its time to get your club or you family or friends together and bring out those beauties which hide beneath the covers out for the day. Food and drink stalls will be on hand for entrants and public alike but please feel free to bring a picnic if you wish. It is hoped that this event will grow in coming years and more and more cars will be displayed.

The Z Car Club Queensland Inc. is a chapter of the Marque Sport Car Club of Queensland.

The Z Car Club of Queensland Inc Promotes Safe Responsible Driving and Expects Safe Responsible Driving

I am just trying to spread the word! If you own a unique Japanese car and you'd like to enter please just send me a PM or email and I will send you the entry form.

This should be good!!!

Well, originally I wasn't going to be able to attend as I was going to be in Melbourne, but plans have changed and I'm not moving until later on. So I will be there with bells on (hopefully). We are expecting some interstate visitors actually. :)

Yeah I think I will be bringing a camera, but just means less looking at the cars myself!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I live in brisbane now.....I'll be there with bells and whistles on! I'm looking forward to this! :D

I'll also most definitely have my camera with me.

As for my zed car, I'll hopefully have it down here by then, but it wont be in a condition worth showing for some time yet.

Edit: Will definitely have to try and meet with any of you that are there!

• 1 month later...