Automatic Transmission - Page 3 - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Automatic Transmission

Featured Replies

Well, at least you can practice with the clutch before you put in the 5 spd. :-D

Yeah!

I catch myself pushing the clutch in when I come to a stoplight. And then I panic, 'cause the car is leaping forward as I try to Rev-match the gears?

I'm so confused!

Which Speedo gear was used for te OD auto trans? just the usual one for the diff?

thx

You have to swap the spdo cog from the carrier out of your old transmission to the spdo cog carrier of the automatic. Unless you have a 3.7 rearend already.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.