IGNORED

Fitting an aftermarket steering wheel

Alfadog

The indicator cancel pins were too far out though. Very odd. Since I bought it from a shop owned by my dad's friend, he modified it for me! Very nice of him.

So no, the cancel posts were not the same as on the original wheel! Which is pretty terrible considering they list the adaptor as fitting the 240K. The MOMO one we looked at was the same.

can you post a pic of the mod?

i'm looking at the hub adapter and thinking there's no area to fit new posts closer together

if there's room to install new posts, then i may need an aussie hub adapter

(btw, the grant hub adapter comes with an extra spring and attachment to move the contact higher up)

Ahhh, not really. I'd have to take it all apart and after the amount of time getting it right I'd rather not. But using the picture you attached:

hub.jpg

They simply took out the pins from where they are, and drilled holes on that raised ledge around the hole. It was flat though, whereas yours seems to have a step.

well then i guess i'll need the same hub as you have, because the momo hub combined with the momo/nardi adapter will stick out too much

here's a pic of the grant hub, and although there are five holes for the cancel posts, none of them are correct for the 240k, but maybe new holes can be drilled on that center raised ring

grant.jpg

btw, has anybody had to deal with a frozen steering column tilt lever :ermm:

I don't think my "tilt lever" had ever been used when I got my car. It was pretty stiff. But it did come free with a good push! Just try when out of the car to get a better angle. Or use your foot.

That pic looks about the same as mine - yeah they drilled in the raised ring in the centre.

that's why i poasted the pic as i was thinking grant sells their hubs in other countries (maybe mine isn't even made in the usa?) :surprised

anyway, i'll have to drill and remount the cancel posts as was done to yours

btw, the original steering wheel is the heaviest i've ever seen on a datsun

• 7 months later...

I picked up an old Momo #3500 hub with a Datsun horn button. See pic. I plan to swap out my OEM 280Z steering wheel (probably sell it) & purchase a new Momo Prototipo steerig wheel to use with the old hub. Should there be any problems? I have a similar setup on my '71 240Z & the horn works fine.

post-5664-14150800094148_thumb.jpg

post-5664-14150800094359_thumb.jpg