IGNORED

Rallye Videos

Doehring

Hi, (especially all norwegian friends)

yesterday a friend showed me a video that's qualitiy wasn't very good. It seems to be something official from Nissan. It is called "The Datsun Rally History Vol.1" (is there also a Vol.2 ?) and it seems to be published by "Nissan Sporting Norway". The language is english. Does anyone have more information on that or do you know other sources?

Rolf

Hi, (especially all norwegian friends)

yesterday a friend showed me a video that's qualitiy wasn't very good. It seems to be something official from Nissan. It is called "The Datsun Rally History Vol.1" (is there also a Vol.2 ?) and it seems to be published by "Nissan Sporting Norway". The language is english. Does anyone have more information on that or do you know other sources?

Rolf

Rolf,

I’ve got that video as well, are we talking about the same one?

Fairlady’s in the Monte Carlo 1968, 240Z’s in the1972, EAS 20th, 21st, 1970…etc.

The quality is indeed not perfect but that makes it even more adorable. Considering the original movie was taken 30 years ago.

I never heard about a Vol.2.

If I should design such a video I would write the same thing on it. Makes it even more interesting to collect. But as being a ‘Z-point’ those roomers never got to me.

So I would stop searching to that second one.

Regards,

Guus,

we are talking about the same video. I like the part witj the Fairlady Roadsters in Monte Carlo very miuch because up to now I saw only a few pictures in some of the books that I listed for you.

Mike gave me the advice to look at ebay. Thanks Mike, but unfortunately the TV systems (PAL or SECAM) in the US and here in Europe (exept france, I think) are so different that I can't watch an US video. I have to try wether a conversion via an H8 Video camera tape could work.

Guus, have you been to Ypern and did you make some pictures?

Rolf

Rolf

Good Morning Rolf and all the rest you,

Yes I have and it was super! In the weekend I put all 20 pic's on a webpage.

But here's an appetizer. Do you recognize them?

Regards,

post-1340-14150792053582_thumb.jpg

Hallo Guus,

great picture showing Shakar Mehta besides your car. Who is the other person, is it you? I'm urgently waiting for your pictures. Super !

Rolf

Rolf,

shame on you :finger: that person is the legendary Tony Fall at age :disappoin

But I think Tony and I are about the same age. I'm nearly 49, he will probably be 55?

Hi Guus and Rolf,

Guus, you managed to capture "Crasher" Fall and "Masher" Mehta in the same photo! You should have thrown a net over them and taken them to the nearest Police station so that they could face questioning into just how many "Works" rally cars they smashed between them!..................

Kevin Bristow ( privateer 240Z rally driver ) was running service for Tony Fall at Ypres - did you see him? Sadly, Tony was up to his usual tricks and managed to hit a wall or something quite hard and bend the rear suspension. He retired before the end, but not before trying to drive the undriveable - he did not want to give up.

Apparently, he still has the speed in him; I guess it never dies.

Yvonne Mehta ( Shekhar's wife ) was navigating for Tony, as she quite often does. I find this almost as amazing as Tony's speed; she must have nerves of steel and the patience of an angel.

Alan T.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Here is something very interesting. A vintage poster from the Monte Carlo rally ’71.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1844566579

It’s an original one and I know because I have the same at home. Made by Datsun Japan.

Go for it

This vintage race poster is advertising the first time out success of the Datsun 240Z at the Monte Carlo Rally in 1971 where it finished 5th and 10th out of 224 entries.

The poster is in poor condition along the top and right edges with wrinkles, small tears, stains and it is also missing a small amount of paper on the top edge.

The remainder of the poster is in fair condition.

The poster measures 28 1/2" by 40".

post-1340-14150792071608_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Doehring

Guus,

we are talking about the same video. I like the part witj the Fairlady Roadsters in Monte Carlo very miuch because up to now I saw only a few pictures in some of the books that I listed for you.

Mike gave me the advice to look at ebay. Thanks Mike, but unfortunately the TV systems (PAL or SECAM) in the US and here in Europe (exept france, I think) are so different that I can't watch an US video. I have to try wether a conversion via an H8 Video camera tape could work.

Rolf

btw, i made the video, and there is not a vol.2..