IGNORED

Blackhawk pix

Zvoiture

Now I know the crap I am going to get from my son on not going down with him. He left at 7:30 AM today in his 72 510. But the wife had me enlisted for honey doos today, so I stayed home Heck she did not say anything 2 weeks ago when I told her that I was going to fly to Portland OR and buy a 240 Z! Give and take.

More Blackhawk pix...The following are:

Poorly lit

Ugly

gaudy

powered by a super-charged V-twin (ala HD)

Quite beautiful

Crowded

Finickey European-made car

Not the auto from Texas--this one's a stick

Body is made entirely of wood

REALLY NICE

Very nice--even in blue (but why blue???) Why can't we see that copper thing?

Another V-twin

But definitely not in that order!

IMGP0484.jpg?bcg1IY9AAfUF9tb7

IMGP0485.jpg?bcg1IY9ACp.j6yr6

IMGP0476.jpg?bcg1IY9AoZ0duqBn

IMGP0489.jpg?bcg1IY9Agv2nfU00

IMGP0490.jpg?bcg1IY9AoFILREV5

IMGP0474.jpg?bcg1IY9Aj60ndsv8

"I thought it was going to be all fully resortered original cars there and no hybrid Z."

Interesting you would note that...I expected the same--at least in the 'special areas'. Let me explain that. There were basically four levels of 'show' going on.

INSIDE THE MUSEUM: 3 cars...Mr. K's yellow 74 2+2, the 350 and an orange 240--perfect, original stock--or was it white?

DIRECTLY OUSIDE THE MUSEUM IN THE COURTYARD: Basically one of everything: New Max; Alt; elec. vehicle; Quest; The baby blue roadster; A slammed, rollcaged, nicely prepped mustard 510; Another bone-stock orange 240; The flared red 240 (second post, 5th pic) WITH A CHEVY V-8 IN IT; And a blue 4G (was at MSA too--has every tube and wire and hose in the engine bay covered with blue flex and mirrors glued to the tops of relay boxes). I'm sorry, but it looks really cheesy; Representing ZX was a brown/gold AE, leather, t-top, low miles; This is the area I was really surprised to find the seriously modded/hybrid vehicles. The advertisements had said the promoters were looking for a few pristine examples of each model year to place on display. I had driven 4 hours and slept in a strange bed and as I climbed the stairs at this fabulous museum past the fountains and lush landscape towards this exclusive display area, I just KNEW I was going to see some unbelievable examples of Nissan Automobiles. I was aghast. If I want to see miles of coloured hose-flex, I will go to the local Rice-o-Rama; If I want to see really fast 510, I will go to an Auto-X; And if I want to see V-8's, I will buy a Suburban.

MAIN PARKING LOT RESERVED FOR REGISTERED SHOW ENTRANTS/CLUB MEMBERS: I would guess about 100 vehicles. About five rows of 20 or so. Roughly: 15 Roadsters, 10 dimes, 5 ZX's, 2 280's, 2 Z31's, 30 4G's and the rest 240's--Oh, and one boat! A bunch of very nice cars. Great show. Great size. Small enough to 'absorb' it all.

THE GENERAL PARKING LOT: Who knows, probably AT LEAST another 100 Z's.

Overall a very nice show--but with some surprising offerings...

steve77

Roughly: 15 Roadsters, 10 dimes, 5 ZX's, 2 280's, 2 Z31's, 30 4G's and the rest 240's . . . .Overall a very nice show--but with some surprising offerings...

steve77

One of those dimes (the primer gray one) was my sons and I am dam proud of the work he is done on a restricted budget. I did not raise a rice boy!