IGNORED

KGC110 Skyline for sale in U.S.!

g72s20

Ohh! So that's what happened to the first listing. Man, that was ages ago.

I wonder how many C110's are in the USA? Quite a few now...

Wonder if he'd sell me his GT badges :nervous: :nervous:

Couple of questions for the experts.

1. did the GTX come with 240Z style manifold and Hitachi carbs?

2. is the mesh in the grille the same material as the 240K, just one piece?

Seems both the above would be yes based on the pics of this car.

I took a friend of mine to see this car a few months ago. The owner is being honest saying it needs work. Not for the faint of heart or for somebody unable to do all the welding, panel beating and paintwork themselves. Having said that, it'd be fantastic if the owner could find the right buyer who'd be able to restore this car and actually drive it.

In SoCal, there are only 4 Kenmeri's confirmed (unless somebody can produce some evidence to the contrary).

That car belongs (or did originally) to a friend of mine. I don't recognize this user I.D., so I'm not sure if it is really him. I know this car fairly well. I had spoken with him about buying it, but he wanted north of $10k at one time. At $6k it might be a pretty good deal. I have not seen the car personally, only the pictures he has sent me. I have called him so we'll see.

Brian

Oh, by the way. Would any of you guys be willing or able to help source some of the sheet metal if I were to get it? The trunk would be a definate, I don't know what else. Mat, since you saw the car in person, would you mind giving me your impressions please? Thanks

Brian

Couple of questions for the experts.

1. did the GTX come with 240Z style manifold and Hitachi carbs?

2. is the mesh in the grille the same material as the 240K, just one piece?

Seems both the above would be yes based on the pics of this car.

The GTX did come with dual Hitachi carbs. As you can see in the pictures, they're flat-tops. However, the Japanese had some round mouth flat-tops as opposed to the Z square mouth ones.

As for the grille, maybe, but I don't think so. A lot of these cars have been "upgraded" to look like a GT-R. This one, for example, has fender flares that did not come on the GTX, nor are they molded.

Just got off the phone with him. He said the car will be going closer to the buy it now price (take that as you will). He said he has a few people on the east coast that appear to be serious. At $9k, I am going to pass. I feel pretty confident that I can find a better one for the same or less in Aus. or Japan.

Brian

And as for the number of KGC110's here; There are four. The owner of this one also owns a '77. Then, Mike has his '73 that you all know of. One more is owned by Karim in L.A. I don't know what year his is. I have not seen the car, but hear it is fairly rusted out and in need of attention.

Brian

So it's five then! Right Matt??

That's quite a few in my mind considering how many were there a year or two ago. :knockedou

I think you're right Brian. Keep looking.

Art, this one has a GT-R style grille. A different mesh all together. GC110 Cars in Japan also came with the same grille as our 240K, and the "belt-buckle" which I have never seen in person but I think it is a different mesh. I know Jim has seen one though, do you remember Jim?