Sign in to follow this  
g72s20

KGC110 Skyline for sale in U.S.!

Ohh! So that's what happened to the first listing. Man, that was ages ago.

I wonder how many C110's are in the USA? Quite a few now...

Wonder if he'd sell me his GT badges :nervous: :nervous:

Couple of questions for the experts.

1. did the GTX come with 240Z style manifold and Hitachi carbs?

2. is the mesh in the grille the same material as the 240K, just one piece?

Seems both the above would be yes based on the pics of this car.

I took a friend of mine to see this car a few months ago. The owner is being honest saying it needs work. Not for the faint of heart or for somebody unable to do all the welding, panel beating and paintwork themselves. Having said that, it'd be fantastic if the owner could find the right buyer who'd be able to restore this car and actually drive it.

In SoCal, there are only 4 Kenmeri's confirmed (unless somebody can produce some evidence to the contrary).

That car belongs (or did originally) to a friend of mine. I don't recognize this user I.D., so I'm not sure if it is really him. I know this car fairly well. I had spoken with him about buying it, but he wanted north of $10k at one time. At $6k it might be a pretty good deal. I have not seen the car personally, only the pictures he has sent me. I have called him so we'll see.

Brian

Oh, by the way. Would any of you guys be willing or able to help source some of the sheet metal if I were to get it? The trunk would be a definate, I don't know what else. Mat, since you saw the car in person, would you mind giving me your impressions please? Thanks

Brian

Couple of questions for the experts.

1. did the GTX come with 240Z style manifold and Hitachi carbs?

2. is the mesh in the grille the same material as the 240K, just one piece?

Seems both the above would be yes based on the pics of this car.

The GTX did come with dual Hitachi carbs. As you can see in the pictures, they're flat-tops. However, the Japanese had some round mouth flat-tops as opposed to the Z square mouth ones.

As for the grille, maybe, but I don't think so. A lot of these cars have been "upgraded" to look like a GT-R. This one, for example, has fender flares that did not come on the GTX, nor are they molded.

Just got off the phone with him. He said the car will be going closer to the buy it now price (take that as you will). He said he has a few people on the east coast that appear to be serious. At $9k, I am going to pass. I feel pretty confident that I can find a better one for the same or less in Aus. or Japan.

Brian

And as for the number of KGC110's here; There are four. The owner of this one also owns a '77. Then, Mike has his '73 that you all know of. One more is owned by Karim in L.A. I don't know what year his is. I have not seen the car, but hear it is fairly rusted out and in need of attention.

Brian

So it's five then! Right Matt??

That's quite a few in my mind considering how many were there a year or two ago. :knockedou

I think you're right Brian. Keep looking.

Art, this one has a GT-R style grille. A different mesh all together. GC110 Cars in Japan also came with the same grille as our 240K, and the "belt-buckle" which I have never seen in person but I think it is a different mesh. I know Jim has seen one though, do you remember Jim?

it's a nice thought but the molded in flares and super rusty hatch have me also looking out for a better example... like the one Mike got, right Mikey? hahahaha

-e

Interestingly enough, I happened to see one of these 'belt buckle' style grilles the other day. While investigating a classified's ad, the seller showed me through his parts collection - apparently he pulled the grille of an oz delivered 240k hed just wrecked. Felt pretty chuffed with himself i might add, as he felt it was a 'far superior' look to that of the standard grille we are all familiar with. I dont think he realised the rarity, but despite this, he wasnt willing to part with it. To the point, then! Its a different mesh, made up of hexagonal shapes, as opposed to trapezoid or square.

Tom

Whats the "belt buckle" grill look like? Someone post a pic.

Tom, was that Dino's (spelling?) car. The 4 door that he's wrecking. Did you have a look at his coupe?

Yep, indeed it is, and the grille was from the four door was was wrecking. Seeing him again tomorrow, damn hes got some nice bits - ill post a pic of the grille. The coupe is still pretty much a bare shell, but hes just about finished the rust removal/primering stage with all the bits to go on soon - hes planning a nissan V8 (VH44 or 41 i think) for the thing :D! His work is all of a very high standard, with a great deal of bespoke fabrication. Should be a tasty prospect when finished - i believe he'll be the only owner of a restored 240k coupe in perth, at least the only one i know of. And just to cap it off, nestled away next to the c110 coupe was a fully restored 240z, supercharged efi l28, motec ecu and im sure a host of other tasty bits. Bit of a hijack sorry...

Here are some pictures of the grille. Thanks for clarifying that Tom. Interesting find... but I don't agree with him on the looks thing. The best thing about these grilles IMO is that they are "different".

Speaking of grilles, anyone want a normal 240K grille? I've got two now and one will have to be thrown out as it's taking up room.

post-1243-1415079754928_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150797549483_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150797549723_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150797549879_thumb.jpg

Yeah I like the gtr grill better, then the standard 240k grill.

This is his z here isnt it. I didnt think it was supercharged, or efi, just triple carbies?

DSC01057.JPG

Interesting, interesting...

A couple of points though. The grille i am referring to is none of those - its the 'cleaner' belt buckle grille, i think present on the gc111 - Just looked that up...hmmmm. Ill take a picture of it tomorrow for closure on this, but i believe weve all seen this grille before, i remember seeing it here anyway...

As for deanos z, yep thats it, however hes since ditched the triple webbered l28 and, as i mentioned earlier, opted for a supercharged efi l28. Not sure if he still has the old motor but apparrently it made around 250hp at the fly.

Aha! I think we have a winner...If this is indeed the grille im referring to then the story behind its arrival in Australia is even more interesting. Maybe it came from a 'grey' swb c110?

Parts catalog shows grainy pictures, but the "short nose" 4 cyl C110s had no horizontal bar, and the "long nose" 6 cyl C110s had the horizontal bar.

Well, back to the original topic. I believe the owner told Brian that the car would go close to the BIN price but with about a day and a half to go there are still no bids. IMO the price is a little steep for a project car even if it is a Skyline.

i gotta agree with Stephen...

the last time we spoke about buying/importing skylines from japan i contacted an outfit called Monkeys who had gotten a KPGC10 to L.A. before and once everything was said and done it really doesn't appear that dramatic at all to get exactly what you want straight from Japan...

Why settle for a beater project car, when for just a little more you could get everything you wanted? That's my $0.02...

-e

i kinda got a beater car,,,hehe when i first got it...it has its highs and lows...body is pretty straight very low rust..only major spot i can find is above the passengerside window about 1in by 1.5in.

only real bad thing is the cars interior wasnt complete but alfadog is helping me in that area.....!!!

all i need is the front air dam which i may be contacting miles very very soon. i ordered my microtech stand alone ecu so should be getting the car running this year forsure...hopefully by sept. for the queen mary show here in the states.

little by little car is almost done. ill update pics when i get a chance...

mikey