IGNORED

'70 Rust-Free Arizona Z Going Cheap!

I see one bid now!

That car looks better than any parts car I've seen up north here. I had a mouse family living in my parts car's glove box, and a few shed snake skins...If I was closer I'd rent a flatbed, buy some wheels, a big can of RAID for the scorpions, and I'd tow that gem.

Just from the pics theres lots of great parts on there. Bumpers look good, early hatch is complete with vents and trim (minus a badge), grill, taillights, glass, engine stuff, wiper arms, steering wheel, headlights,etc.

If that body is free of rust....someone, please save it from the scorpions!.

Zak

I'll bet a lot of members who live in the NE, the Midwest and other "Salt Belt" states, would love to have an early Series I like this one from the dry Arizona desert

You are so right Steve. I personally have looked at a hundred Z's in the Midwest since 1990. And the only one I found with only surface rust is in my garage right now. LOL

I just dont have the time or storage space right now to go save that car. I have the means and a truck and trailer. But..........

I hope someone buys her and finds she's a diamond in the rough.

Chris A.

Remember the car does not have a title so it most likely will have to be parted out. The valve cover alone can be resold for $150 or more, the bumpers $100 plus each. Here is how you do it, buy the car pay the man for it, take the parts you want, then call the Z Barn or Ecology Auto Wreckers to take away the rest of the car. If you live in Southern Cali it would be worth the ride to the Az desert. To the LA guy interested in the car you might think about going about it the way I laid out.

I've traded some e-mails with the seller. The car was his dad's (who died recently) and is being sold as part of the liquidation of the estate. There is no paperwork (title, registration, anything) to be found on the car. Supposedly the car has spent its life in the Phoenix area so it might be fairly rust free but the interior and all rubber items are shot. The seller won't provide any more pictures of the car then what are on the eBay auction.

Originally Posted by: onuthin

I really don,t need another car...(snip)

Maybe not, but now that you own #913 (and we all saw the condition that one was in :ermm: ) I don't see how you could possibly pass up the plethora of "donor organs" this vehicle could provide.

Of course that all depends on how cheap you could get it. There just might be a bid battle near the end and let's not forget a road trip that definitely will not be cheap.