IGNORED

Interest in Master Vac Decal Reproduction?

AZ-240z

I have a request. If someone has a 69 or 70 series 1 240z that has a master vac decal on it, I would really appreciate it if you could post a picture of that decal, or PM me a picture of it. There were two or three iterations of this decal on 240z cars, and I am trying to sort out the correct decal format for the correct years. I will, also, need the vin # and build date of your car.

It would also be great if I could get a good picture of some 72 and 73 decals with vin# and build date as well. I am trying to be as correct as possible with these decals and this would help a lot.

The decal is well on its way to completion and, when complete, I will post pictures for your approval.

Thanks for the help and interest.

Dan

Original Owner hls30-20419

• 6 months later...

Well, I can't believe that it has been almost a year to get these master vac decals done. The sign shop that did these worked on them between jobs and I can't count the number of revisions and refinements that were done.

I believe that they are now quite good and have tried to include a picture, hopefully. The picture doesn't do it justice as I had to use a white backlight

to make it ledgeable and reduce glare from the chrome material.

Let me know what you think.

Dan

post-2148-14150799782884_thumb.jpg

Nice detail and I guess seeing in person would be much nicer because of the chrome. This is the first time I've seen this thread. Very impressive! Have you differentiated the variations yet?

Hello geezer,

As far as I can tell by comparing these to the original, they are a perfect reproduction. The chrome is bright and the red is just a slight bit richer than the original as if the original red had slightly faded. I'll try to include pictures of the original below.

Let me know what you think.

Dan

post-2148-14150799783181_thumb.jpg

post-2148-14150799783386_thumb.jpg

I know that it took more time than planned to get the result that I wanted with these decals, but I thought I would bump this back to the top since there was considerable interest in these at the onset of this project.

Dan

Hi Ron,

My purpose in doing these decals was to provide my car with one, and, help finance this project by providing them to all interested. You can certainly have one. I am just trying to get some feedback of the number interested so as to fairly price them. I am thinking in the $12 to $15 price range depending on the number of people interested. Does this sound reasonable? Tell me what you think.