Orange problemo - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Orange problemo

Featured Replies

Hey i'm planning to paint my 240 some shade of orange and I really want to put racing stripes on it but I'm afraid it will look ridiculous if i do black stripes. If anyone has any pictures or tips for me please respond. If you have an idea of another color that would look good with the orange please respond.

I forget who, but another user recently used Photoshop and took a photo of his car and made some stripes on it. Try that if you have an image editor!

Zak

I think either orange/black or orange/white would look good.

When I was looking for a 240 I wanted either black or white but I came across a 73 with the 918 orange paint and black "240Z" side stripes and had to have it. Cool combination IMO:D Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet

(no digi-cam).

MSA has a kits availible to do the side stripes yourself in black or white for just $20 as long as you don't mind vinyl decals.

Steve

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I forget who' date=' but another user recently used Photoshop and took a photo of his car and made some stripes on it. Try that if you have an image editor!

Zak[/quote']

It was Tri-Star. Take a look at a few posts down. One is "stripe opinions" and the other is "off to paint"

I think orange with black stripes would look great.

My 1969 Monaro GTS was Sebring Orange with black stripes...

post-1743-14150797308679_thumb.jpg

post-1743-1415079730884_thumb.jpg

Hi samzhot240.

Why don´t You give a try using adhesive vinyl first.

If the car is not painted you gan get all colors in vinyl film so you can give a try this way.

hope it works for You. My idea is because I have a plotter cutter:).

my 2 Cents.

  • 2 weeks later...

I think a darker tone of the orange you're using would be sweet. Especially if you're going with burnt orange, a darker burnt orange would look really nice. Have your paint shop show you a few tests. It'll be worth it.

If you're not into the darker orange idea, dark silver or dark to medium grey would be very complimentary. I would not do black or white myself. Make sure you're happy with the test. You don't want to spend all that money and have it look ridiculous.

Z

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.