IGNORED

Looking for a 240K

akwikz

Hello guys, it's been a while since I last posted. I have been busy moving to Phoenix, Arizona. I am now getting situated and was wondering if one of you guys might be able to help me out. I have been thinking about getting a 240K to join my KGC10 for a while now. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me purchase and ship one up to the U.S. Or if someone could point me in the direction to someone that can. I am looking for a '73 or '74 two door. Rust is obviously an issue as there are no parts up here. I would like to find one that is complete and running. If it has any GT-R conversion parts it would be a plus. I am interested in any opions on what to look for or avoid as well. Please feel free to contact me personally as well. Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

All the Australian and I'm guessing all of the Japanesse located 240Ks are Righthand Drive. Being your in the US, I assume that you want a Lefthand vehicle.

We have found out that Kuwait has LHD vehicles. refer to the forum here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20681 You may want to contact the "starter" of that forum.

As for GTR bits, over here in Oz, we are trying to get the one fibreglassing company to stock all bits, but Japan maybe a better source.

Actually, right hand drive is no problem. As I mentioned in the first post, I already own a '71 Skyline and have recently sold my GTi-R. I have become pretty comfortable with it. I am very interested in hearing more about the reproduction parts you mentioned though.

Brian

I had been looking in Japan at first, but they seem to be pretty expensive in comparison to the ones in Aus. If I could come across a good one for a decent price I would jump on it. I figured I could get a pretty clean one in Australia for a lot less and then just buy the GT-R parts afterwards. Now, if you have a line on one that is a good buy I'm always interested. Thanks

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

He sure seems like a great guy...

Q: i like this car, haw much you send it to QLD ?

11-May-06

A: i dont know.

And Kent I had a laugh too but I dunno, maybe he DID paint over the rust??

Q: in regards to the rust, was it repaired or just sprayed over? if not repaired, how bad is it? regards, George.

10-May-06

A: its not that bad,i just sprayed over the right side area you can see it in the photo.

In any case, I would not recommend buying this one Brian :alien: Looks like it could be a real basket case. Definitely needs an inspection first.

Sorry it took so long to chime in on this, I've been out of town. I think I'm going to agree with the majority on this one and pass. I am not expecting a perfect car, but one with as good a body as possible would be preferrable. I figure that one with rust eating out the middle of side panels will probably have a good bit more in the lower rockers. I'm willing to be wait some to find a good car. I do appreciate any and all leads though, so please keep pointing any out. Thanks

Brian

The Fins, Swedes und Nederlanders also got LHD 240K's. Although, rust may be more of an issue with that source, opposed to the Middle East!

There was one for sale too in the Netherlands or similar? Pictures have been around the net for a while now, it's a lilac car like one of Bruce's that has been modified somewhat. I think Sean Dezart sent me the link, or someone from up there in Europe! Sorry, I can't remember.