help !! 260Z front window to 240Z - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

help !! 260Z front window to 240Z

Featured Replies

From a 2+2? The doors (and windows) are longer on 2+2's, won't fit a coupe.

Arne, I believe he was talking about the front window only. Based on that, are you still sure about your statement?

Arne, I believe he was talking about the front window only. Based on that, are you still sure about your statement?
Yes. The door itself (and consequently the glass as well) is longer on the 2+2 - about 4-6" as I recall. None of the door parts other than a few of the latch pieces are interchangable between coupes and 2+2s.
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I agree with Arne. The door (and hence the glass) has to be longer so the passengers can get into the back. To add, as the roof line is different, do the door aperture has to as well.

Cheers

Ian

  • Author

Thanks for all your help,i got luck an find a window for my 240 as a original part for only 170 euro.

thanks

Congratulations,

was it a new one ?

Hope to see your car in Swiss.

Rainer

  • Author

yes a new one ;)

wann ist das treffen in der schweiz ??? wo gibt es denn infos ????

gruss

Yes. The door itself (and consequently the glass as well) is longer on the 2+2 - about 4-6" as I recall. None of the door parts other than a few of the latch pieces are interchangable between coupes and 2+2s.

I guess i was way off base. I thought he was talking about the windshield. I guess he would have said that if he was. :stupid:

He is talking about the windscreen, Differnt terminolgy in different parts of the world. How the side windows got into this discussion is beyond me?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.