IGNORED

Oil dripping from Pressure sender

TomoHawk

Is it normal for oil to drip or weep from the oil pressure sender hole? The threads seem fine enough to keep the oil in, but mine has some that made it to the driveway. :devious:

Can you use some kind of goop to seal the threads, or teflon tape, or what?

I was also thinking of changing out the oil filter gasket too...

thx

It should not leak at all.

I wouldn't use teflon tape in any place in the oil system of my car. The tape may be compatible with oil, but it only takes a small bit of tape (getting cut/torn loose by the threads as the sender is threaded in) to compromise one of the oil galleys of the block.

If you use tape skip the first thread of the fitting, 2 wraps is plenty. Or hit the hardware store and buy some "pipe dope", they sell it impregnated with teflon, it comes in a container with a brush attached to the lid. Designed and fromulated for use on pipe threads to prevent leaks and aid in later removal.

The guys at the shops use liquid teflon. Tape is no longer voque. I used up a couple of camshafts with teflon tape. I got a small piece in the spray bar and it shut off the oil supply to the cam. Ouch. After changing 2 cams, I figured it out. I changed spray bars and all is well. Life can be cruel, at times.