IGNORED

240K Sedans for sale EBAY

Alfadog

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, i emailed the guy asking what the interior was, the guy replied that he was selling for a friend, and that his mate said it was definitely a 240K dash...

i asked him how they managed to shoehorn in the 4WD system, he just told me to give his mate a ring for details.. ie. the guy had no idea..

Actually I just had a closer look. and the interior photo isnt even a C110. Notice the side window isnt a one piece like a 240K should be. and there is 2 gear sticks (gear and hi-lo sticks).

I'd guess the photos got mixed up, and its a patroll or 4wd ute (like a 720) interior. Door panel is wrong, door handle, and the bonet is red.

I just had a look too and noticed something wrong with that interior. I had a 1982 Nissan Patrol that looked just like that ;-)

As for the motor, it's an L20A efi turbo. They are a great source of bits to put a Turbo on a L24, L24 or L28. Years ago you could buy them off pallets from Japan for $300. I bought one just to get the Turbo Sump, Oil Lines, Rocker Cover and Exhaust Manifold.

The motor itself is not much chop. If any of you have driven a 2 door R30 powered buy one (their natural home), you will understand.

None the less, it will be interresting to see how much he sells it for. I'm thinking 2/3 his current starting price.

Interesting stuff! I was considering a turbo swap at one stage, and possibly keeping my twin SU's. As I learned, however, its not really the go - a single carb is ideal. As you mention though, bruce, the l20a-et isnt such a great motor - doesnt like to rev hard and really isnt all that powerful - i think from factory they were quoted at little more than 150hp - same as an s30 l24! My point is this - what difference would the extra 400cc's of displacement make in a turbo l24 application? Its quite an unspecific question, but i wouldnt have thought there needed to be a great deal of internal mods to bolt a turbo on say - an r30 spec efi l24? In any case, you have to wonder what exactly has been done to the base l20a in turbocharging it. Remember, stock jdm l20a's packed 130hp - identical to our Oz spec l24's. Thus, a turbo is only worth a 20hp gain....torque anyone? Fishy...

Hi Tom,

Lower compression with two head gaskets, run fixed timing without vac advance and put a big clutch in there. Otherwise L24E.s and L28E.s come up quit well with a good 0.63 A/R T3 Turbo kit bolted on the side.

However, runinng standard (original) EFI (which back in those days was analogue) You Will Need to install an extra fuel injector driver running at least an 80 HP injector. Oh, and of course, a better fuel pump.