IGNORED

HLS30-01316 Where Are You?

26th-Z

From the morning e-mail; fellow in the Washington DC area looking for S/N HLS30-01316; Engine L24-4415; Color 907. He has the original owner's manual and invoice. PM me if you have the car and I'll you put you in contact.

Chris

Chris,

Speaking of original paperwork, Mike McGinnis has a faithful copy of the original build sheet for a 240Z which is very interesting to look at. Although it is more a build card than a sheet since it occupies less than 5" by 7" worth of space. It is unfortunate that most of the time when the car's were PDI'd that material was thrown away! When I took delivery of the 350Z they asked if I wanted to keep that as well as some of the shipping manifest papers and you know my answer to that question. Some of the other owners that were ahead of me that night simply had the porter remove the sticker and toss it in the trash can!

Hey Chris,

Someone, (one of the Mikes I seem to recall), was on about setting up a database some time back. I think it was in the thread, "How Close Is Your Vin" or something like that.

From memory, it is quite a large thread.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

I saw Mike's build card. Yes, build sheets did / do exist, but talk about rare! That's the stuff that should be preserved under glass! Some day, some where, all us collectors need to meet and hold a big exhibition of all the stuff we have collected, eh?