IGNORED

What years came with the speedo that starts at 10MPH?

er34gtt2000jp

I recall reading road tests of the first cars, and people whined about the 'start at 20' thing. So I'm sure that was why they changed the first time. As for why they changed from starting at 0 to starting at 10? Who knows? But it probably has to do with the start at 10 being cheaper, somehow.

No offence here man, but it looks like your car has alot more to worry about then the incorrect speedo:tapemouth

Now come on man, I know its rough but sheesh. Outa the blue he just starts flamin my ride! I can't help it that my car was left to die out in the New Mexico desert and then sideswipped by some oki-hick in a wercker tryin to make off with another car.

Now come on man, I know its rough but sheesh. Outa the blue he just starts flamin my ride! I can't help it that my car was left to die out in the New Mexico desert and then sideswipped by some oki-hick in a wercker tryin to make off with another car.

i don't think bill was flamin you or the car, just pointing out that with all the repair it needs, that you've got quite a lot of work ahead of you before worrying about the speedo becomes "the next step" in resurrecting this car.

I ain't flamin you or the car either.

Sorry guys I was just kidding, I know my 73' is rough and needs lots of work. I started this thread because I was not sure if I had the right speedo, not that it is going to be registering anything anytime soon though. I found it interesting that Nissan decided to put so many different speedos in the different years, or series Z's I should say. Even the 280z got a speedo change or maybe two because my 75' has different lettering than my 78' parts car!