Is there supposed to be a hole here? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Is there supposed to be a hole here?

Featured Replies

Anybody know if the 73' 240Z is supposed to have a hole in the rear quarter panel in the center of the bumper indentation?

The bumper indentations were Bondoed over on my car and after 30 seconds with a screw driver I was left with this.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/big_daddy_nismo_4x4/detail?.dir=/df68&.dnm=adf3scd.jpg

Both left and right sides are the same.

I am guessing that the 73' bumper has an attachment point there?

Yes so does the 70, 71, and 72. That's where the bolt goes through so that the ends of the bumpers dont flap about.

There were holes like that in my 280Z, and they matched up perfectly with my early 240Z bumpers when i put them on.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I have a hole I've been curious about for a long time. It's in the rear valence, below the bumper; dead center. About 1/2" dia. I have no clue what for.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.