recognize anything in this pic? - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

recognize anything in this pic?

Featured Replies

This is the 210/B310 I'm working on. See anything familiar??

post-1656-14150796902913_thumb.jpg

Please don't mistake those for the horrible Z car flat tops. You're looking at the GX SU set up for the "A" series motor. A very desired and sought after set of components. Notice the float bowls are much like the round top SU's. These are very good carbs.

I have seen one of thease cars at a auction before if im not mistaken. Went for 15 grand

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm not sure what he's after but yes, those are flat top carbs but not the 240/260 type. They're the 38mm GX/SU non-smog flat tops. They were a production line option on RHD 1200's/B210's. The manifold and carbs were once available through Nissan Motorsports. Michael, do you have the GX cylinder head also?

I have seen one of thease cars at a auction before if im not mistaken. Went for 15 grand

One of what cars, Bill?

  • Author

Right Victor. Still haven't spotted what I'm asking about though. :) Here's another pic.

post-1656-14150796904012_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Hi Stephen.

No GX head, just the stock B310 head that came on my car (reworked though). Mild Isky cam, rebuilt block and these are ZTherapy Carbs by the way :) Custom linkage and head shields courtesy of ZTherapy, and header from down under. Ready to install a Roadster choke, finish a few electrical details and start her up. Engine has been down for more than a year now - I just need time to work on it!

  • Author

A clue - it's a stock 240Z part in a prominent position in the pictures. Saved me quite a bit of work on the installation. Keep in mind I went from a single carb to duals...

I know it must have to do with the fuel lines or linkage, but since I've dealt mostly with efi cars of late, I can't remember exactly what the 240Z setup consists of. About the GX head, the rocker arm oil passage had to be modified to fit it on anything other than a A12. I doubt if you could even find one now days anyway.

Fuel rail.....without a doubt.

Chris

P.S. Sweet motor Michael.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.