IGNORED

holley carbs help!!!

ZeeOne

When you say 'Holley carbs' are you referring to a single four barrel or do you actually mean Weber DGV carbs as you did say plural.

EDIT: If they acually are Holleys, such as Holley 5200 (Pinto carbs) I would definately suggest switching back to SUs.

thanks Arne, that's too bad... i may need to do a swap....
Maybe. But on the other hand, there are a few people out there - not many, but a few - who are quite pleased with their Holley four barrel setups. If you can get it tuned properly, it might run quite fine. I personally have no experience with them on a Z, however. I can say that the only Holley I have personally used was on a small block Chevy, where the proper jetting was not too hard to do, lots of hot rodders know what to do on a Chevy V8. It ran fine, nice and strong. Mileage was worse than the factory Rochester, though.

your best bet would be to hit a few other boards that cover v8 iron. all the old muscle cars used holleys and there are thousands of fans of the carb. personally, i'm a rochester guy but since they never made a 4bbl small enough for a Z, i'll be going with a holley here shortly. there are many advantages to the 4bbl design over the twin 1bbl, but i'm sure that will open up a can of worms...

hey ZeeOne, i just ran across an article in one of my magazines about how to tune a holley. if you'd like, i'll scan it and e-mail it to you.

of course, it might be easier for me to pull my roundtops and mani off, send them to you and you can send me your mani and holley ;)

Guys, like I said, or at least I suspect, I don't think he's talking about a four barrel. This is the guy who met up with Victor in the Albertson's parking lot some time ago. IIRC he said that his car has a Clifford manifold with Holley carbs. They are probably 2bbl Holley 5200's. Pinto carbs. They were a liscensed copy of a Weber 32/36 DFAV used by Ford on the 2.0 and 2.3 4 cylinder engines.

Guys, like I said, or at least I suspect, I don't think he's talking about a four barrel. This is the guy who met up with Victor in the Albertson's parking lot some time ago. IIRC he said that his car has a Clifford manifold with Holley carbs. They are probably 2bbl Holley 5200's. Pinto carbs. They were a liscensed copy of a Weber 32/36 DFAV used by Ford on the 2.0 and 2.3 4 cylinder engines.
Oh my! Did people really do that? I figured the plural was a typo. That plus I always associate "Clifford" with the four barrel manifold, and "Cannon" with the dual two barrel manifold adapters.

But if they are twin Pinto carbs - they need to go away.

Yeah, those Holley 5200's will bolt directly on a manifold designed for a Weber 32/36 DGV. They (the Holleys) were cheap, you could find them all over the junkyards. Unless you have access to someone who is really a wizzard with carbs, I doubt that you could ever get a pair to work right on a

L6 engine.