IGNORED

Headlight Upgrade Harness's For Sale (again!)

Zs-ondabrain

Every once in a while, people send me donor plugs that they found in a junk yard. If you send me donor plugs, I can make you a plug and play Headlight upgrade harness.

It seems a few other cars of various vintages use these plugs ... I'm going to see what I can find this weekend, if the weather holds!

Hi Dave. Zs Ondabrain. From NZ. Our cars down here are right hand drive as you are probably aware. I own a 72 240 and recently fitted H4 lights. Lights are good but the switch and wiring under the steering column is getting warm after 15-20 mins.

These great little cars are getting scarce here, and I don't want to lose it due to a wiring fire.:stupid:

I obviously need a relay upgrade. My question is, would your relay harness plug in the same for left and right hand drives? I would assume so,I can't see any reason Nissan would have made the wiring from in the engine bay, forward,any different. Also I have purchased parts in the past from MSA, with great service,Four days from US to NZ:D Would probably buy your harness from them, unless YOU would post to NZ.

Cheers, Brian.

Not a problem, I've sold about 10 to the U.K. and other parts of Europe for RHD 240Z's Just use the Left headlights plugs (in front of the radiator) for your input. You'll likely have to mount the relay pack on the left hand side with a self tapping screw or bolt.

Basically the same instal but the Upgrade harness will be on the left side instead of the right. MSA is your best bet. They can take credit or Paypal and ship worldwide, as you already know.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

I am new to this forum. I have recently bought a 240z and I am excited to begin the restoration process. I stumbled upon this thread and can't believe how wonderful it is you are making these upgrades. Do you still have the HLH and PLH available for sale?

Thanks,

Bryan

Hence, My signiture, which is only a click away. Been there like that for a long time now. I figured the Red and Blue writing in the siggy would help it stand out but some just look at the post, and not the rest.

I point out the Sponsors a lot. Especially MSA and MM. Read Post 182 and 183.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

• 6 months later...

I know i am reviving this old thread but I just wanted to say thanks to Dave and give him another bump for his great headlight upgrade harness. It was one of the many little jobs I have put off for sometime. After much work I finally got it installed on the 1972. It is awesome, headlights are much bright and don't dim like the used too. Don't let the much work fool you that was more to do with myself learning and the previous owners wiring mischief including missing plugs, new spade connectors ridiculous amounts of electrical tape to remove without cutting the wires. Then myself tracking down a bad ground and at one point plugging it into a side marker which was hilarious (headlight blinking anyone). Don't miss the ensuring a good ground bit in the instructions.

Quick question Dave, where do you get those 3 wire plugs/ Looks like the mischievous wiring was caused mostly by replacement of one or two of the plugs with just spades and lots of electrical tape. I wouldn't mind sourcing a few and fixing this for the future.

No problem, and thanks for the "Thumbs up Bump"

I get almost all my upgrade harness plugs from these guys......

http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm

Click "Electrical" on the left panel and then click "connectors and Terminals" in the middle.

And don't forget to also order the terminals as well. I order my terminals by the 100's and connectors by the dozens.

By the way, if Anyone needs a whole bunch of Female 6-pin connectors, Just like the ones that plug into the ignition, voltage regulator, fan switch, combo switch (on the 240Z's) The smaller of the 2, the one that fits inside the larger one....

I have over 250 of them. 20 for $5 + Shipping (your choice of standard for $3 or Priority for $5)

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I was told by many folks here to keep this up to date.

Still selling the Headlight and parking light upgrade harnesses thru MSA.

Still selling the ZX alternator upgrade plug and Sidemarker conversion plugs thru MSA

Still personally doing the LED taillight, front marker and sidemarker conversions, personally. $80 for the sidemarker inserts, $125 for the front marker light conversion and $275 for the 240Z taillight conversion. ($300 for the 260 and 280Z taillights.

Thanks again to all my current and past customers and a big welcome to new customers in the new year.

Happy New Year everyone,

Dave

• 7 months later...

Gentlemen,

I still make all the upgrades you are interested in.

Motorsport Auto is still a great Sponsor for the site and Typically has them in stock and ready for you to purchase.

Please make sure you let them know that you saw the info for buying your upgrade HERE at CZCC!!

They NOW carry The.

240Z Headlight Upgrade harness

240Z 6-pin Parking light upgrade harness

240Z/260Z/280Z 9-pin Parking light upgrade harness (For the S30's with a 9-pin Combo switch connector and Intermittent wipers.

240Z Sidemarker Conversion Plugs

ZX alternator adaptor plug for installing an 81' to 83' Internally regulated alternator into your 240Z.

The DZ-Start Push button Keyless ignition system

All hand made by me and me alone, one peice at a time.

If you have any questions on my products feel free to Call MSA or email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Thanks again to all my previous customers and future customers.

You help support the site and my family.

Dave

• 3 years later...