Inner shifter boot - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Inner shifter boot

Featured Replies

I am trying to find a suitable inner gear shifter boot for my car, as the one I got from the manual car has fallen apart. Can anyone help with this? Does anyone have a spare one in good condition? Nissan no longer has this part. I went to a couple of wreckers but nothing else really suits either. Scott's Old Rubber has been helpful and they have a slightly larger sized one (to suit 150x118mm hole) but I would really like a 240K one.

Can anyone help? I've attached a couple of pictures.

post-1243-14150796686557_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150796686765_thumb.jpg

post-1243-14150796686969_thumb.jpg

Did you try Rare Spares? I've bought stuff from them like window divider seals, door belt seals, etc. for my 810 coupe. No one else seemed to have them. I'd like to find the same item your're looking for but for my 810. I'll bet they're similar if not the same.

  • Author

Thanks Stephen for that - I just got their reply which was a negative. Oh well - it was a good thought. I saw a 200B in a wreckers that was manual, but the boot was quite different. That doesn't really say anything about the American 810 6-cyl though!

I've seen these on the auctions. Let me check e-Bay and Yahoo Japan.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Miles, could you look for one for Datsun 200B? My Japanese is not that good, like nonexistent!

Have you tried AllZparts in Sydney, (03 9476 0111) they had brand new Nissan North America packaging ones for around $55AUD when I got mine a while back.

Their web site seems to have gone off air.

Cheers

Warren

Sadly I don't have one lying around, otherwise you could have had it.

Have you tried Alan Stean? He has heaps of those bits lying around and since he has had much to do with rallying 240k's, he would know exactly what fits and what doesn't.

  • Author

Thanks A LOT guys! Responses like these are why I love this place. I will look into all of the paths you have suggested - I am sure I will be able to source one now :):D

Pretty sure I've seen them on EBay.

  • 8 years later...

Bumpity bump.......here's an old post!!

 

I was doing a search for any information on where to get a new inner shifter boot and came across this post.

 

Where are we at 8 years later?  Can these rubber shifter boots be bought now or am I completely screwed?

 

Currently I have a car wash sponge stuffed in the shifter space beneath the console......hidden by the vinyl shifter cover of course.

I found one that actually worked better than stock for my 76 280Z.  But I'm not positive where it came from, I picked it up with a shifter for a 71C transmission.  It was either a later model 240SX or a later 300ZX.  Had to poke new holes through the rubber, but I was able to use the same holes in the tunnel.  The stock one rubbed in 5th gear, the new one was lower and doesn't.

 

Might be this one.  $6.78 US, might be worth a try.  Probably get it from a local dealer.

 

http://www.courtesyparts.com/34122mb-boot-dusthand-lever-300zx-z32-1990-1996-p-40239.html

 

http://www.courtesyparts.com/300zx-parts-z32-1990-1996/genuine-nissan-parts/power-train/341-transmission-control-linkage/-c-882_883_953_971.html

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.