IGNORED

Bob Sharp Racing 4bbl intake & Holley carb

kenz240z

Clutchdust,

Sorry to hear of the dial-in problems you're having with your SUs. There really isn't all that much on an SU to FIGHT....... They are the world's simplest carbs, but when they are worn out they can be a bear to keep tuned.

That's been my experience also, on the Datsun as well as several English cars over the years. If you are following the normal tuning instructions and still having problems, most likely the throttle shafts are leaking.

• 6 years later...

I know this is kind of an old thread.... but, Berthoud, CO?

Would this car happen to have been painted bright lime green?

Just wondering, because it's mine. The engine and trans were out of a 280ZX Turbo, with a non-turbo N47 head installed.

It's currently under the knife, and about to have the refurbished P90 head installed, along with a few other tasty bits of fun... (custom FMIC, *two* turbochargers, an Extrudabody ITB rack... among others), and it will be running off of a MegaSquirtII system. I've done some massive weight reductions, and I've also stiffened the chassis, some.