IGNORED

my engine update

khughes

well,

i got my RB25 engine cam covers and my brand new greddy intake plenum powdercoated over teh last few days...

it is startng to look pretty good now, still a lot of work to get it in the bay though.. still got to get a fuel rail and FPR and my 300ZX brakes refreshed before the car goes in to get the engine, RB25DET box, R200 Diff, 300ZX front calipers, R31 rear calipers and my Recaro seats all mounted

hopefully it should happen sometime in the next month... (here's hoping!)

just need to find some money for a stinking big turbo :)

post-6769-14150796593929_thumb.jpg

post-6769-14150796594164_thumb.jpg

Hi, My name is manuel and and need info on how to change my 72 distributor signal point to a 80 zx distributor. I saw it once on this web but can't seem to find it anymore, can anyone help. Thanks, manuel

Hehehe random post there.

Anyway you seem that have a more straight forward and simpler job putting that in than trying to get about 400-450BHP from the stock L engine.

Are you building anything like a cage to try and stop the body twisting in half?

KGC210,

I have been thinking about body twist etc lately, and to be honest i have no idea how they strengthen cars like this (i am far from a mechanic, this is my little project).. i expect to be putting out around 300kw at the wheels at the end of the project, so i think it is probably going to be needed..

any idea's who would do this sort of thing? a body shop? engineer?

thanks alfa,

it looked a little brown out of the engine bay, but i think it should be fine surounded by sparkly S15 silver :)

KGC210,

I have been thinking about body twist etc lately, and to be honest i have no idea how they strengthen cars like this (i am far from a mechanic, this is my little project).. i expect to be putting out around 300kw at the wheels at the end of the project, so i think it is probably going to be needed..

any idea's who would do this sort of thing? a body shop? engineer?

thanks alfa,

it looked a little brown out of the engine bay, but i think it should be fine surounded by sparkly S15 silver :)

I think you can install a roll cage, or subframe supports to prevent body twist...I've seen it done to Z's before, but can't remember the site for the life of me.

Great stuff kent, looks fantastic. Just out of curiosity, whats been done to the rb25, anything internal, or just intake/exhaust/turbo/ecu etc? The colour is definitely old school, perhaps a crackle finish would top it off?

Tom

to start off i am not opening her up, so it will start off with the standard RB25 (series 1 with steel turbo), with the addition of the greddy plenum, top mount fuel rail and 600cc nismo GTR injectors, splitfire coils, lightened flywheel, powerfc, running higher boost etc...

I just want to get the engine in and working whilst doing easy upgrades as i can for the long term.

and when it is all fitted and the car almost finished (hopefully if i it hasn't sent me bankrupt by then), i will be replacing the bottom of the engine with a RB30E block and a GT35R turbo and some cams.

The plan is also to put a half roll cage in (apparently they are road legal, wheras the full ones arn't), just doing some research now into other body strengthening methods such as seam welding and strengthening, though i don't want it to blow out too much, the car is already way more expensive than i ever would have imagined (isn't it always!)

You guys didn't get many of the RB series engines at all in the USA. They are absolute grunt machines that were shoved in Skylines and Laurels.

RB25 is a 2.5 litre 24 valve inline 6. RB26 is a 2.6L, RB30 is a 3.0L. Engines vary with DE, DET and DETT. Not sure about standard HP but they are capable of very high HP if you want to spend the money.

Drift guys here in NZ run the RB26DETT but remove the twins and install a huge single turbo. HP in these things is around the 350. From memory, drag car versions are above 700HP and reliable to.

Evil evil engines.