computer Drawings for body mods, painting, dent locations, etc. - Technical Articles - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

computer Drawings for body mods, painting, dent locations, etc.

Featured Replies

I scanned these from a book and spent hours cleaning them up.

1) Put them in "paint" or some other (programming) and make a master piece.

2) Print them out and use then in the shop for....

dent locations, body modifications, see your car with tinted windows etc, etc.

Do what you want with them, Have the kids color them in while deviously planning their future in the Z-car era.:cheeky:

Thanks Dave, now I can replace the awful freehand/traces that I tried!!! Might make me look a bit more professional

  • Author

no problem,

I used them for wheel design and graphic schemes, Figured that some one else could use it too.

Dave.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Figured I'd refresh this to see if any one was interested.

Your more likely to remember you need something if you see it every once in a while.

  • Author

I'm also working on another one that someone else scanned but I'm gonna clean it up for you guys

  • Author

I don't have anything in my arsenal to open a "DWG" file

What do I use to open it??

Does it have to be DWG or can it be converted to JPG OR BMP?

I believe you need AutoCAD to open a .DWG file.

i printed the CAD file to a pdf file so you can see what it looks like (assuming you have Acrobat reader). I'm not skilled enough in AutoCAD to figure out how to convert the DWG into a JPG or BMP. I could however, print the CAD file and scan it as a jpg if you want.

AutoCAD Datsun 240Z.pdf

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.