IGNORED

what do you do...

theianmonster

Ian , hang in there , this is not like a TV show that has a ending in one hour. I have wanted a 240 since the first year they were built. I bought mine , a '73 Feb. 2001 since the kids are all on there own and I have finished , or nearly so , on the remodeling of our house . I drove my Z in primer with dents and ugly for 2 yrs while I did brakes and suspention. It ran good and I enjoyed the hell out of the car. I started to do the refresh on the car 3 years ago . I was 63 then . I reduced the car to a rolling shell and went form there with the help of my good friend escanlon , who showed me how to do the body work and sand and prep for paint. She no longer looks like a parts car and with the ZX engine with mods , she runs strong and is a real kick to drive . She isn't perfect , I know whare the her worts are but not many others see them . She is a great looking driver that I built for me . Just do your car one step at a time . Above all enjoy the car before you make it undriveable . This way when things are not going as you would like or you get discouraged . You can remember back and you will be back on track . The main thing is to keep your eye on the priZe . Plus enjoy the ride. Gary

Thanks Beandip. I'd enjoy the car before it's undriveable; but its been undriveable since I got it. I still have yet to drive it, ever. I've never driven a Z so its kinda strange. But thank you for the advice.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/theianmonster - I have updated with new pictures. I started primer on the hood!

well... it may not mean much comin from someone younger than u but ive had my z for about a half year now and ive run into the same problem... $$$$....i do have a parts car and might i add that has helped me out alot, i also worked a ball bustin job of building stone walls for awhile too buutt... that aside, we both have plenty of time to finish our cars. one thing u cant do ( which many have said on this thread) is get anxious and impatient. take your time and do it the way u want it. The harder u work for something u want the more important it is to u =)