Is 2 better than 1 - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Is 2 better than 1

Featured Replies

On my early 71Z drivers side door panel is 2 plugged holes at the same position as the pull handle on the passenger side. I have seen a pull handle on some model but I don't remember which. Is it supposed to have a drivers side handle on mine?

My '71 appears to have the original door panels still on it. Grab handle only on the passenger side, and no holes in the driver's side panel, either.

The drivers side never had a pull assit handle. Yes the nut plates are in the door for the right hand drive models. You could have a door panel from one of those.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

You have a door panel for a right-hand drive application. Quite common. They are the only new original ones remaining.

Don't the later model 280's have a pull handle? Or an extended arm rest?

very late 73 240Z (yes, I know some will claim this isn't so, but I owned one!), 260Z and 280Z had an extended armrest that included a handle.

  • Author
You have a door panel for a right-hand drive application. Quite common. They are the only new original ones remaining.

should I replace both panels to keep it as original as feasable.

  • Author

I was told I have the wrong door

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.