Early Fuse block FS (Excellent Cond.) - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Early Fuse block FS (Excellent Cond.)

Featured Replies

I am new at this, but I just changed my fuse box in an early 71 Z and it had about a 10 or 11 inch pigtail on it. I saw one on e-bay,it was just the wires and it was the same length as mine. If some one can comment on this I would be interested to.

Yeah, '70 and early '71 (like all of the cars owned in this thread so far) generally have the long pigtail fusebox. Late '71-73 had the short pigtail box.

I am new at this, but I just changed my fuse box in an early 71 Z and it had about a 10 or 11 inch pigtail on it. I saw one on e-bay,it was just the wires and it was the same length as mine. If some one can comment on this I would be interested to.

If you're interested in getting rid of the long pig tail one you removed let me know...I may be intersted depending upon condition and price. :)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I know there hsve been a s**tload of fixes for repairing burnt fuseholders,but what I did was get a good box with a short pigtail and removed all fuse clips and wires from both boxes then used my long pigtail back in the good box. I then used one of the extra wire and clip spliced back to the old harness. I used a wire with the largest gauge to help from over heating again.

I suspect I'll end up with the updated one from MSA in mine.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Still for sale. I actually have two of these. All offers considered.

post-1264-14150796473643_thumb.jpg

post-1264-14150796473923_thumb.jpg

post-1264-14150796474183_thumb.jpg

  • 1 month later...

Just an FYI, there's a nice looking long-tail box on eBay right now. I feel safe pointing it out because I already found one. But some of the rest of you guys might still need one.

Series I fusebox on eBay

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.