Finally got one. - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Finally got one.

Featured Replies

Well I been trying to find a bumper for my car for a long time.

Bid on this one for the fun of it on ebay. 9 day auction i held it the whole time through 9 bidders. At the time i wasnt going to have to buy a new car tho. :tapemouth

It hasnt arived yet but i can hardly wait!

$333.01 shipped

post-5338-14150796238526_thumb.jpg

Looks like you'll be selling a lot of hot dogs to pay for that one. :)

Just a suggestion, clean and paint the back side of the bumper before you install it to preserve it. Also give the chrome a good coat of wax when your done.

Ed

  • Author

I dont sell hot dogs. Chicken legs maybe :)

What kinda paint would you recomend. How about por 15?

Looks like you'll be selling a lot of hot dogs to pay for that one. :)

Just a suggestion, clean and paint the back side of the bumper before you install it to preserve it. Also give the chrome a good coat of wax when your done.

Ed

Yeah that's a great idea, the ones off of my cars are pretty badly rusted inside. I'm eventually having them re-chromed, should I still consider painting the backsides then?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I remember reading somewhere that just some chrome paint out of a rattle can was used. The insides were sandblasted and then painted. Was it Wick Humble's book?

Chris

  • Author

Im not sure on that.

He said this ones pitting on the inside so ill sand her down and paint her up!

Wish it would get here already

looks perfect to me!

if the backside is in good condition, i'd just hit it with multiple coats of clear.

this would preserve/protect and not change the original look (not that you'd be seeing it much anyway)

Bill,

I POR'd the backside of mine. I didn't have any trouble with the degreaser or metal ready discoloring the chrome. Once the metal was treated I masked off the front and painted it. I used the silver paint. Also go to your local hardware store and buy two large rubber washers about 1 1/2" diameter. Use these between the bumper ends and the fender.

Ed

You said "chicken legs" got "breats"? LOL

  • Author

Thanks Ed. Im still working on them breats the damn girl at work wont show em to me

:( Man she is so hot.... :love:

I guess all that will wait untill i get the car ready for the bumper.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.