IGNORED

EOI: Datsun 260C

Murph

Well.....I've just aquired myself a Datsun 260C! :)

The only catch is, as much as I love it I really don't need another car right now....so I want to see if anyone else is interested in taking it on. I'm more than happy to hang onto it until I have time for it though! Definitely in two minds about passing it on. It does need some work, but really is the perfect base for a project.

Here's a few details on it (copy and paste from an email):

His old man bought it new in 1977 and drove it until he passed away in 1998. This bloke then drove it until 2002. He said at that time it was still running just fine. Hasn't been started in 4 years now though. 200,000km on the clock and has been religiously serviced (his old man owned the datsun dealer). Body is dead straight, and only found one bit of rust in the entire car (still need to have a closer look though). Paint is a bit average, may come up ok with a heavy cut and polish but realistically needs a re-spray. Vinyl roof is still in decent nick. I LOVE the white roof on the dark green paint! Just needs some white walls and re-chromed hubcaps!

Mechanically it's and L26, single carb (138HP, vs 150HP in the zed), auto. He said his only complaint ever with it was that it felt under-powered. A quick peak under the car showed no rust and no dings. Interior is all pretty good. Seats are perfect, no tears, dash pad is almost perfect, only slightly breaking up in the speaker grill. Dash face and instruments are fine. It's needs a good clean in there though. The interior pic makes it look worse than it is.

I've attached a few pics. More to come when I get it home.

post-3769-14150796237582_thumb.jpg

post-3769-14150796237864_thumb.jpg

post-3769-14150796238084_thumb.jpg

post-3769-14150796238297_thumb.jpg

Nah different car. The bloke had only tried to sell it in the paper locally once before (which I missed). He was planning on doing it up himself with his young sons.....but that never eventuated.

I do REALLY like this thing though. If I can convince the folks to let me keep it here for a while, I'll probably keep it. Mightn't be too easy though. ;)

I would like to have a 260c as a project, right now a 73 is on a local paper, a coupe metallic green, soft top just as my first car (a gift from my dad who owned it since almost new, that car is gone) but i have no money and time now , all my money and my time are spent on my ZX.... but god i love those 260Cs

Well.....I've just aquired myself a Datsun 260C! :)

The only catch is, as much as I love it I really don't need another car right now....so I want to see if anyone else is interested in taking it on. I'm more than happy to hang onto it until I have time for it though! Definitely in two minds about passing it on. It does need some work, but really is the perfect base for a project.

Here's a few details on it (copy and paste from an email):

I've attached a few pics. More to come when I get it home.

if you were in WA, this would be in my carport by now.

such a shame... :disappoin

Hi pro240c,

I just got it home this afternoon and I can see why you like these things! I'm wrapped! Love it. :)

I gather a 240C would be the 230 right? I don't really know too much about the Cedrics, is there any good resources I should have a look at?

Cheers,

Murph

Murph

i love these cars and if you want to know a bit more about them, check this cool sites about Cedrics

http://members.fortunecity.com/planetcedric/cedlater.html

http://www.datsunhistory.com/home.html

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zu3h-sonm/carindex.htm

http://www.datsun.de/html/datsun_ausland.html ( it's in german but you can check the items and find cool pictures and if you speak german you will enjoy it)

by the way is it a hard top or a soft top?

enjoy that car!!!! i would do it!!!

Thanks for the links mazingerz1976!

by the way is it a hard top or a soft top?

? There is no "soft top" as far as I know, just the sedan, hardtop and wagon.

Well I got stuck into it last night and again today. The ol Cedric kicked into life after a bit of a play with the electric fuel pump (still a bit dodgy). Generally everything seems to work fairly well with a few exceptions.

• Front passenger door wont open

• One power windows switch is stuck

• Thermostat is stuck

• Brake booster leaks

• One power steering line has a little leak

That's about it. :)

Gave it a wash. Definitely needs new paint, though the vinyl roof came up really well. Still haven't given the interior a good clean. Check out my gallery for the new pics. :)

P.S. The more I'm around this car, the more I love it!

Vinyl roof that is what i meant for soft top and it was an option in their models with a whole package in their deluxe models... as far as i know, mine was a 1973 260c (Cedric 230 GX 2600) coupe vynil roof, with A/C, power windows, power electrical antenna, radio and casette player Clarion, analogue clock, two lighters, one in the front and a other one rear, remote trunk openner, leather/velvet seats, seat belts for the rear seats.....this is all i can remember, i´m gonna ask my dad maybe he remembers something else ......

I want so bad a new 260C........

good luck with your new project!!