IGNORED

Harness Issues?

jszarecki

hey folks: here's the story (updated) thanks all of you for your help so far. but im still stuck after fixing a few things.

replaced ALT

replaced Voltage Regulator

Replaced Fuseable Links

checked continuity on F & N wires in the plug at the ALT. wires are good

if i connect a wire from the vertical part of the ALT to the battery, i get 13-16 volts showing on a Voltage Meter. so i know the ALT is good.

----------------

Q:Is there anyway to "check" the VR?

Q:The Girlfriend says/susp[ects that since the new battery has been used for the past week or so to try and start teh car repeadely, sometimes with the help of a booster pack, perhaps the batt needs to be recharged. the batt currently only has about 8 volts in it. so when I'm running My car I've got the booster pack hooked up. but i figure that this shouldn't matter, i still should see over 13volts from the ALT.

any suggestions?

Q:Is there anyway to "check" the VR?

any suggestions?

Yes, early on I told you that the procedure to check and adjust the voltage regulator is in both the FSM and the Haynes manual.

My suggestion is to read up on it and follow those directions.

ok, i know that...however my VR is rivited together. it's a wells VR. you cannot take it apart

You can take anything apart. The talent comes from being able to do take it apart without destroying it and knowing how to secure the cover when you're done.

do you mean an Engine Strap? i havnt seen one...but than again, im not sure where to look for that.

so use what, 12 gage wire from lets say the bolts on the bottom of the engine? and attatch it to lets say the strut tower bolts? what does this do, besides ground the engine?