IGNORED

carburators

Jaykuo

what the highest performance carb's for a stock 240?....

i want good reliable carbs....i read alot about weber because of my toyota....do they make carbs for datsun's too?....any links would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance

-Jake

Hi Jay- May not going to see alot of response because this has been discussed here alot. Try doing a search for carb posts & read up. As a rule, most of us (okay, I..) prefer the 70 to 72 SU carbs. Very good for a stock car, EASY and plentiful. You can find webers, mikunis, DellOrto's etc and get into triples if you want, but its pricey, a major pain to tune, and there is little gain without other mods (cam/porting, etc, etc) HTH, Jeremiah

well, i don't know how mine measure up to other carbs on a z, but i've bolted on a holley 4-barrel. it seems to work great, though you'd have to get a special manifold to bolt on. i'm not sure where to get them. i happen to have a z junkyard here in utah, and there was one there. it's a fairly common carb modification as far as i can tell. hope that helps! ;)

The best carbs you can get for your buck IMHO is Z therapy SU carbs. Scott Bruining (I might have mispelled his name) got my order out fast and the carbs were great! He uses gross jets in them and they came with a polished manifold. He included the linkage and even the early 240Z balance tube. Be prepared to spend $700+ but they are worth it.

Well, Scott Bruning sold out ZTherapy not too long ago, so let's hope the new owners keep up with his quality of work. And yes, their SU's are probably the best and easiest thing to upgrade a Z. If their carbs can supply a 200+ hp race motor in a Z, why spend the extra money on triples and go through the hassles of tuning? Now if the motor is really wild, then the triples might make more sense, but how many people go that far on a street car when it boils down to the bottom line?

BTW, MSA still sells the bare 4 barrel intake for those people who still want to go that route.

but why pay that kind of money if your gonna just stay stock!! i dont see it just rebuild the su's that you already have. and use them. there great carbs. now if you were going for a performance engine id say save a lil more money and go with some webers or better yet dell ortos. just my .02

Timberwolf,

You mentioned that the Z therapy carbs come with Gross Jets. I got mine about 2 years ago from Scott. I really don't know what jets/needles are in it. Is there a way to check?