IGNORED

Yet one more new guy

Hi,

My daughter just bought a '76 2+2 with an automatic transmission. So far we have only replaced the exhaust system from the resonator back, and I have purchased a new radiator because the original one is leaking in a couple of places. The day we drove it home, though the turn signals quit working. :ermm: I bought and installed a new flasher, but that didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have any ideas of where to look next? I have a couple of spare turn signal switch assemblies that came with the car, but i'd like to make sure before I tear apart the column. By the way, the car also came with a brand new ground effects kit from Motorsport Industries (Part Number 50-1504 and 50-1510) This includes side skirts, air dam and rear skirt. My daughter does not want the kit so it is for sale. No reasonable offer will be refused! If anyone is interested please e-mail me. Anyway, I look forward to talking with you guys and sharing information!

Gary

I expect its the turn signal switch, but check the turn signal fuses first if there is one.

Unplug the turn signal switch, and check it with a multi meter. or if you dont have one a test lamp, and battery.

Oh, and you might want to add what area/country you live in, if you have something to sell.

Welcome, grounds are a big issue with these older cars, check your grounds for the lights before you tear into the switch. Do a search on turnsignals and I'm sure you will find many posts dealing with your very same issue!

Hey guys, it was the switch! I took it off the column and looked at the contact that rides the back of the steering wheel hub. It was black with crud, so I used a scotchbrite pad on it and put it back together. The signals work great now! Thanks for all the advice.