IGNORED

how much does a good set of lowering springs cost?

I just bought a set of the Eibach pro-kit for my 260, $209 + tax for all four corners. Shox had the best price and some other parts places may match their price if you want to purchase from somewhere else.

• 2 months later...

is there a difference between the Eibach Pro-kit and the Eibach Progressive rate kit sold by MSA? Are all Eibach springs progressive rate springs?

The Eibach distributors I've found list the pro kit (for around $210-$230) but never mention Progressive rate springs. ?????

Michael

Mperdue-

Looking at my MSA catalog they sell the Eibach progressive rate springs which is the Pro-kit. I ordered from that listing and received the pro-kit springs. The springs have a tighter coil on one end and looser coil on the other end of the spring. Check with MSA to be sure. Here's Eibach's web site for to help with the second part of your question. www.eibach.com

If you do put on the pro-kit the front springs have a part number with a decimal point at the end; the spring with the .1 is for the front and the spring with the .2 designation goes on the rear. They don't tell you this explicitly!

I noticed in the MSA catalog that they have European springs from Nissan competition that don't lower the car but give you an increased spring rate. If I remember correctly this is a feature you were looking for. Hope this helps.

The Prokit lowers a Zed by about 1 inch. They are progressive in that the more you compress them..that harder they become. Therefore during normal driving they feel stock but when you corner hard they stiffen..thus that "on rails" feel.

I'm for getting a set one day.

Thanks for the tip on the Euro springs but I've checked with nismo and courtesy nissan - looks like these have been out for a long time. I haven't checked with MSA but they're way to expensive (nismo had them listed for $60 ea vs. $90 from MSA). I think I don't have a choice but to go lower - or buy stock springs.

I've heard lots of good things about the Eibach springs and I think I can handle $210 for a set. IT's good to hear that those are the progressives.

Michael