IGNORED

How fast will it really go?

cremmenga

Very not true a smart guy wouldnt be speeding at all.

But then again ive got a ticket and have been driveing less then a year. Who am i to talk about smarts? :)

62 in a 45. Got to love my Z

i got the same ticket. 63 in a 45. thats wat he got me at. i started slowing down when i saw him. to late. i was originally doing around 80 something. :finger::finger::finger:

Cremmenga, I was just over at Hybridz, I read you are looking into running a 40 MM spacer possibly. If you do that your wheels will not be bolted directly to the hub. The spacer is bolted to the hub and the wheel is bolted to the spacer. That is not as strong as bolting directly to the hub. The hub is artifically extended 1.6 inches. At 150+ there will be major amounts of force at the wheels, entire suspension for that matter. I would not trust that set up for high speeds. I know people use them all the time, but just because some people say they are strong does not mean they should be run at 150+. The Z is designed for near 0 offset wheels not a high + offset like a modern or front wheel drive car, At high speeds things could get wierd.

I've done 200kph (125 mile an hour) in my z at the local track (that is redline in 5th for me) and 220 k's (140 mph) in my dads supra tt, but at those speeds in the z the car was so shaky i had to get a spoiler just to keep the thing going in a straight line. i must say 150+ mph would be neat, and sorry to berate you but doing those speeds on the roads, no matter where the road is/goes/comes from, is a bad idea.

Tom.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone else have a sticker on the inside of the thier glove box door that reads something like "For speeds under 100mph use xx tire pressure, for speeds over 100mph use zz presure" ... To me, this is a clear sign these cars were designed to go fast, but over 150+mph, who knows. I plan to have fun with mine at a track some times, but no Fast and Furious impressions for me.

i frequintly take mine to about 115 on the freeway, there is one area that is perfect for it around here. the fastest ive done is 135 and i was gaining speed still (slowly) but i backed off. i love going fast. i really hate it when peopel on here get on other people about their driving, its their choice...