IGNORED

Longer Wheel Studs

speedyblue

3/8" is about 9mm longer.

Oh so Nissan Quest is a car. I thought Aux was referring to a shop. ROFL

What is a Nissan Quest?

9mm might do just fine actually. May need to trim a mm or so off for the front. Just did the calc and it's 9.5mm longer, depending on the initial measuring accuracy (vernier calipers vs a cheap plastic ruler)

just checked nissan.com.au, guess aussies don't get minivans. Go to www.nissanusa.com and look up QUEST under suvs and minivans.

Copied text from Dan Juday:

"Quest Van wheel stud specs

I went looking for these here a few weeks ago and found no definite answers from the search function. So here for your info are the actual measurements.

We all know that the diameter and thread pitch are the same as the Z. And the splines are the same. The trick is the length.

From shoulder to end 46mm (1 13/16").

Installed in the front hubs they extend 36.5mm (1 7/16")

No report yet on length when installed on the rear.

Napa Auto Parts part#641-2785. $1.90 each.

So now you know."

However, I don't know what help that would be for you in AU, I don't know if any other AU bound vehicles have the same configuration...

I just gota chance to measure the existing studs. The fronts are 38mm long and the rears are 44mm long. Wouldn't have thought they'd be different front to back, but there you go. Also worked out I need them 10mm longer, so can't swap rears to the front for a fix there. Fun and games.

The rears are longer because the stud also has to go through the brake drum and the hub. On the front the rotor bolts to the other side of the hub, so the studs can be shorter. You could buy the 20mm longer studs or the ARP studs, figure out how long they need to be and cut them down if you have to.

Well at least now I know exactly how long the studs have to be, rather than the '8mm longer than stock' that I started with. I'll try the brake shop. They are pretty good with all this stuff, rather than just wanting to know a part number.

If I can get something the right length then that will be good, but if I have to cut some down to length, then so be it.