IGNORED

240Z with a Sunroof

G'Day Ian,

Can't say for sure about the 240Z's but my 260 has a sunroof, (Coenen brand), that been a proper pain in the ......neck. As Coenen no longer exists, it has been a real battle to find a rubber sealing kit for it. Hope you have better luck.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

A friend and I were looking at a 240Z that someone was selling. It was a total piece of crap and not worth anything. It did have an electric retractable sunroof (not the aftermarket kind). The buttons to control it were built into a panel just in front of the opening. The buttons were Datsun original with icons and everything. There is no way a dealership would have gone to all that trouble to install a factory looking sunroof. The headliner was molded to allow for the sunroof and everything. The question is did sunroofs back in the 70's retract. If not, then this was one hell of an install because it looked factory.

dang beandip.. calm down.. LOL..

we all bought Z's because of their looks and ease of workin on.. and the styling and engine and.. etc etc...

i dont think anyone bought a Z strictly for the VALUE or what it could be worth, otherwise your not a true Z fan, just a collector.

If you enjoy the Z that's all the matters.. the sunroof to me makes it more valuable, since I never see Z's with a sunroof.. and I am fortunate to have one with a sunroof