IGNORED

Where do the best parts come from?

hls30.com

Where do you get the OEM best parts for your Z (counting NLA parts)  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you get the OEM best parts for your Z (counting NLA parts)

• Local Z shop
    • Z Business Vendors (MSA VB, Zedd Findings...)
    • Ebay power sellers
    • Ebay Z Enthusiasts
    • Fellow Members
    • Nissan Dealer
    • a U-pull it salvage yard
    • a We pull it salvage yard
    • parts cars bought on ebay
    • parts cars bought locally
    • parts cars abandoned in your yard
    • a friends parts car
    • Z club swap meets/car shows
    • Previous owners
    • Club Classifieds

I have bought parts from all of the choices, I seem to get the best deal on parts from buying complete parts cars after checking them out, but other avenues certianly take the hassle out of that choice. Now that Chloe is gone, I don't have a steadfast answer.

Will

I use all of the above!

I watch the ebay auctions daily. Watch the various club listings on the net, i.e.: Classic Z, ZCar.Com and HyBrid Z. Any parts being bid on (ebay) must be less than the wholesale Victoria British price (Always compare offerings to MSA and VB catalogs.)

If I need a new OEM Part I will shop the various Nissan

Dealers who offer a club discount.

Used parts are wherever I can find them, parts cars, junk yards, friends, etc.

Origin doesn't matter, if in good shape and the price is right!

Will, hard to check one of the above!

Will,

I'm a little slow and backward. I posted, then took the poll and checked off almost all of the blocks.

What can I say the grey/white hair says it all, just ask my 18 year old, Z hating Daughter. Of course there is a bonus to her dislike, as my Insurance Agent can attest.

Ed

Les Cannaday, Classic Datsun is the only way to go. He has the largest collection of parts for sale of anyone I know. He is the most reasonably priced and if it is available he will get it for you.

The other guys have catalogs...Les has the stuff.

R

Les Cannaday, Classic Datsun is the only way to go. He has the largest collection of parts for sale of anyone I know. He is the most reasonably priced and if it is available he will get it for you.

The other guys have catalogs...Les has the stuff.

R

Very true! Plus he's a good guy and if he can't find it, it probably doesn't exist. I'll buy parts from anywhere I can find them. I've come across parts at yard sales, self and full service junkyards, ebay, car shows, club meetings, swap meets, etc. Like Bill said, 'parts is parts.'