Cargo net for rear deck - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cargo net for rear deck

Featured Replies

Tomo, you just have the spare laying in the back?? Ever think what that would turn into during a sudden stop (crash) at 60 MPH???

  • Author

Spare tire is held down with a 2in tiedown strap.

Good, 40-50 pounds of tire hitting the back of your head at 60 MPH could make for a real bad day :)

  • Author

Didn't I just say it was tied down, and isn't going to move?

Take it easy there Tex and reread my post..... At least the first word of it.....

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 1 year later...
  • Author

Will,

Did you ever finish your cargo net idea? I think I can rivet on some D rings, andthen clip on a cargo net. That should take care of the "missing luggage straps" problem and maybe even hold down some loose stuff back there.

But what net to use? There are some for Motorcycles, that will stretch to about 30x30 inches, whichwould just cover the spare tire. I think the back is about 45 inches across & 45 inches long?

thx

Hey I have them laying around here at the dealership I might have one that would fit let me know and I can mail you one

Will,

Did you ever finish your cargo net idea? I think I can rivet on some D rings, andthen clip on a cargo net. That should take care of the "missing luggage straps" problem and maybe even hold down some loose stuff back there.

But what net to use? There are some for Motorcycles, that will stretch to about 30x30 inches, whichwould just cover the spare tire. I think the back is about 45 inches across & 45 inches long?

thx

Not there yet, but I will pm you with the details on the netting when I round it up again...

Will

  • Author

I measured the back of my car, and i think a net of about 36x36 would work, and would give you enough lift to fit some luggage to (duh) But for my car, I'll have to make some metal straps to mount some D-rings to the deck panels. Then just a few short bungees.

thx

  • Author

I was out scoping for a suitable net all last weekend, and all I could find at the autoparts stores were the truckbed nets/covers, or bulkhead netthings for cars. While looking athe Wal-Mart, I happened in a camping hammock! :cheeky:

After unrolling it and tying it to the bedposts, I discovered that the netting wasn't tight enough for car luggage, and that you couldn't cut up the net to the size required either. :hurt: You might be better off getting a book from the library, and learning to mae your own nets, or having your Grandma knit you one using giant knitting needles.

Maybe there's a net somewhere that's the right size.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.