IGNORED

How Close Are Our VIN #'s

Zrush

Well, Just a heads up...

Still working on it, and it's gonna be some real tedious work. =P I'm going to try and include all of the information provided. From color, to engine block #, and the location/member it belongs to.

Needless to say, this is gonna take a few days. ROFL But I'll keep on it till done. :bandit:

Perhaps it would have been nice to start the spreadsheet in the beginning and ask each poster to update it and repost. All the work is appreciated, but it will be outdated as soon as someone decides to add to the thread.

Carl's list on Zhome.com is very good, but Carl cannot update it everyday. Don't think it gets updated much at all these days. My request went into a black hole a couple of years ago. No offense intended, Carl.

Well mine is an Orange car,white interior. born in March 1972 HLS30 74603

Pretty much stock, but there is always tommorrow. Needs some body work and paint but I love it anyway.:classic:

Parts car Brown with butterscotch interior Born in November 1971 HLS3053965. Was terminal when we found him. But as we all know some must die so others can live.:hurt: He gave very generously to our parts supply.

How about a Google Spreadsheet? That way it's all online and anyone can edit it simultaneously. I've started one here and published it to the world. You'll need a GMail account but they're free:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pgfGtZfjS1MhXEV8zDxh9Lg

I'm not sure how this works, however, if someone else wants to edit it. I may need to give permission to each user individually. If so, just PM me with your GMail address.

Why does my start with JN - I assume Japan.

JN stands for Japan - Nissan; for an explanation see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number

My daily driver is a 240SX but other than roughly the same displacement as a 240Z it has nothing in common with classic Z cars which do not use the modern VIN standard that was introduced after 1980.

• 3 months later...